Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for daily lead generation and lead qualification in support of various marketing campaigns and activities. The BDR generates new leads through consultative conversations with inbound inquiries and targeted outbound efforts. The BDR analyzes the needs of each prospect and creates a strong business case to underscore the value & ROI of our software solution. This role supports Enterprise and Mid-Market sales teams in conjunction with Solutions Consultants in building pipeline, developing sales qualified leads and tracking lead hand-offs to close deals.
The Business Development Representative supports Enterprise and Mid-Market sales by qualifying inbound inquiries and performing outbound prospecting to develop sales qualified leads (SQLs).
- Qualify and develop marketing generated in-bound leads and respond to product inquiries from various lead sources, including all marketing campaigns, website programs, call-ins, email, conferences and other channels.
- Generate SQLs through outbound prospecting into target leads and organizations.
- Work with prospects to thoroughly understand their needs and align their needs with our solution.
- Actively understand our technology, solution and industry trends to effectively communicate the value proposition and ROI of our solution.
- Handle software capability questions in the sales process.
- After qualifying prospects, coordinate handoff to Sales Executive.
- Meet monthly and quarterly activity, SQL production, and close rate objectives.
- Coordinated activity and assist with marketing campaigns as necessary.
- Complete accurate tracking of communication with potential customers in SalesForce.com.
- Provide accurate weekly SQL forecasts to management.
- Highly motivated and outgoing.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on phone, email, and online communications.
- At least 1 year of sales or related experience preferred.
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism.
- Self-starter with solid organizational and planning skills.
- Open-minded and willing to learn.
- Competitive and focused on achieving goals.
- Some accounting knowledge (degree or job experience) preferred.