Aspiration is the first VC-backed neobank on a mission to be the leading consumer financial services brand and company focused on sustainability and the environment. At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $200M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
As a Business Development Manager you will be responsible for sourcing, nurturing, and developing partner leads into qualified opportunities that result in closed deals for both growth and revenue partnerships. You will work on the rapidly growing business development team, responsible for a diverse set of partnerships to drive new user acquisition, brand awareness, and enhanced product benefits. You have proven success in previous business development, partnerships, or sales roles where performance was measured by your ability to meet or exceed quotas. You have a bias towards action and an ability to think critically when confronted with no clear path forward.
The ideal candidate is a curious, persistent, and execution focused individual who is comfortable project managing multiple opportunities and relationships at once. You have a passion for creating impact and an interest in how financial services can better serve everyone.
What You'll Do
- Drive Aspiration’s socially conscious partner ecosystem growth through inbound and outbound prospecting efforts, generating leads that will turn into opportunities and closed deals
- Bring a strong network of industry contacts. Targets include, but are not limited to: affiliates, gig economy, employee benefits, publishers and associations.
- Prospect a target account list ranging from large to medium-sized organizations; forming relationships with Directors to C-Level executives
- Educate and develop leads through inbound or outbound prospecting via LinkedIn, phone calls, emails, events, and campaigns
- Be tenacious – conduct follow-up calls and emails to keep the process moving
- Partner with Operations and Finance to determine appropriate reporting and tracking for partner-related program fees
- Help define and execute the partner on-boarding process and partner success framework
- Ad hoc projects and analysis for core banking product partnerships as requested
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in business development, partnerships, or sales roles in financial services and/or technology preferred.
- Track-record of top performance and exceeding expectations
- Demonstrable record of building and growing partnerships
- Ability to draw upon and leverage past learnings and observations in finding opportunities to solve problems and drive growth
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to influence internal and external executives
- Some understanding of the FinTech landscape, experience in the financial services industry
What You'll Get
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives
- Robust Healthcare Plans (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K & Unlimited Vacation Time
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture
Read Full Job Description