Title Manager at Deluxe Entertainment
About the Company:
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximize the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localization; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a c. $1billion Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavors. Our company values follow.
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues’ and clients’ needs and always exceed expectations.
About the team:
This team will be working on trailer and other short form, marketing content for one of our major studio clients.
- Meet the client’s request for all work to be delivered right and on-time at 99% success rate.
- Be able to speak for our sister teams in the UK, Australia, India and be the face of the account globally
- Provide day to day support to the Customer with laser focus on excellent customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Create, maintain and communicate to client project timelines and budgets.
- Prepare and communicate pricing quotes and estimates with client.
- Daily identification of title/assets which are late or at risk of missing customer-specific SLA requirements.
- Escalate if any order is in jeopardy for being fulfilled on time.
- Supply the Customer regular account statuses, such as missing asset reports and delivery schedules.
- Manage customer change orders by negotiating deliverable due dates between customers and internal departments, balancing internal capacity with external demands and expectations.
- Ensure deliverable due dates are reached on time and within budget.
- Provide direction to Account Coordinators and Operations regarding priorities.
- Proactively identify potential issues/problems with project in process, formulate response and solution and communicate back to client.
- Communicate regularly with client regarding project performance metrics.
- Communicate regularly with internal departments and our sister facilities to ensure projects are on track and that all assets have been received and are workable. Effectively load balancing and work sharing will be key.
- Initiate corrective action process as needed. Create policies and procedures to improve quality of deliverables in the future.
- Managerial Responsibility: Oversee account coordinator(s) in Bangalore and Burbank to ensure the projects are managed successfully and efficiently.
- Train new hires and existing hires.
- Delegate new projects to ACs. Workload balancing for your team will be key.
- Regularly check-in with internal team members to ensure everything is on track. Troubleshoot with team leads as needed.
- Keep an open line of communication between yourself and your supervisors. Escalate any production issues while being open and ready with suggestions for process improvement and resolution.
- Oversee the templates and reference documentation for the workflow and make changes/updates as the work evolves to gain efficiencies.
- Monitor your team’s development and make sure they are progressing as employees. Lead, train and mentor them to push them to the next level.
- Work with other teams (Scripting, Subtitling, DFX etc.) to maintain the larger picture of the end-to-end aspect of this workflow.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
- BA or BS degree required.
- 2+ years’ of experience working with clients in the entertainment industry; traditional post production background helpful.
- Positive, service-oriented personality.
- Must have strong interpersonal, cross-cultural, and communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, large team environment.
- Must also be able to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, inventory, internet, order processing, and database software.
- Solid technical understanding of the television or film distribution industry a plus.
- Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
- Experience managing direct reports preferred.
- Dubbing, subtitling, graphic localization and any mastering experience is a plus.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company: http://www.bydeluxe.com. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.