Technical Project Manager
MeUndies is a Los Angeles, CA-based underwear and loungewear company best known for its softer than soft basics. Founded in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the first online underwear subscription. Through the years the brand has inspired a passionate community of undie-obsessed individuals with its bold, comfortable products.
Today MeUndies has sold more than eleven million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. It continues to redefine the subscription market by evolving the transactional subscription to a membership centered on community and its relationship with the brand.
The innovative direct-to-consumer brand offers multiple purchasing options including singles, packs, matching pairs and its monthly membership. It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
We’re looking for a Technical Project Manager with an entrepreneurial mindset to deliver project management expertise to several cross-functional teams. In this role, the Technical Project Manager will work closely with our UI/UX, Engineering, and Digital Product teams to coordinate tasks, run recurring sprint planning, stand-up and retrospective meetings, and ensure on-time deliverables. The Technical Project Manager will report to the CTO.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and oversee execution of software engineering tasks throughout the development process, with teams both locally and overseas
- Assist Product Managers with sprint ceremonies including stand ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Coordinate work with Engineering, and Digital Product teams to deliver projects to their intended business objectives
- Proactively solve day-to-day problems and exercise good judgment, including the determination of when to escalate issues
- Drive decisions and remove obstacles, ensuring that the resources required to implement the action will be available, and scheduling work required to achieve an end result
- Help build out Project Management organization by contributing to efficient process creation and best practices documentation
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Technical Project Management
- Experience building digital products and working with cross-functional teams
- Solid understanding of web, cloud and system integration development and delivery
- Experience with projects that utilized automated CI/CD pipelines
- Proficient with Agile development practices
- Positive and creative thinking with strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills; strength in thinking ahead to identify problems forming before they become blockers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate teams and resolve conflicts
- Bonus: experience as a software developer
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, plus generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off (yeah, we said it). You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
We offer all the head turning office things.
We have endless office amenities but here are a few of the fan favorites - everybody gets access to an on-site gym & shower, endless snacks, cold brew on tap, and a cozy lounge completed with a Wii for epic Mario Kart tournaments. Plus there are plenty of dogs (to pet, not to take home).
We don’t forget the most important things.
There’s a robust 360 review process, regular pulse surveys, and a focus on open communication. We also have annual employee check-ins to reflect back on achievements and plan for career growth. We’re always rooting for you.
Plus those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, happy hours, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.