Senior Technical Project Manager
Do you thrive at working in a dynamic fast-paced environment and taking the driver's seat in challenging situations? Have you mastered continuously improving and managing Agile development teams and introducing process improvements to help your team function like a well-oiled machine? Are you a go-getter who loves getting stuff done and passionate about delivering value to customers?
ServiceTitan is looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to take on a critical role managing cross-functional programs, improving communication between product, engineering, 3rd party vendors, customer success teams and customer, managing releases, reporting on progress and status, leading and evangelizing Agile methodology and coming up with a project management structure that helps the team stay on track and deliver high quality software. Our technical project management team is focused on improving predictability of the software delivery schedule, leading and evangelizing Agile methodology, owning communication between Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams, reducing operational overhead and expenses through process improvements and metric instrumentation.
What You’ll Do
- Drive multiple simultaneous projects from start to finish and deliver value to our end customers
- Perform Scrum Master duties including facilitating sprint planning, standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives and release planning
- Provide cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing needs, granular requirements, dates and escalations for projects
- Demonstrate stellar stakeholder management and executive presentation skills
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions
- Apply your hard-earned experience - battle scars and all - to creatively solve for the desired shared outcome each and every day
- Make the most of your chops to work with technical and not-so-technical counterparts
- Use a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence and Google Apps
- Lead and inspire your team and contribute to our company culture
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience working as a technical project manager, leading medium to large software development projects
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are (e.g. PMP, CSM, Lean or Six Sigma)
- You have direct experience using Agile methodologies for managing projects and coaching teams
- Self-motivated. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Persistent. When you take something on, you don't drop it, you are slightly obsessive about grinding away at issues.
- Communicative. Your team is always informed and on the same page of what's happening when.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something great.
- Pragmatic. You understand the benefits and downfalls of Agile, and other methodologies, you know what to apply for each situation.
- Positive. You bring a positive attitude to the table and you know how to motivate your team to stay positive during challenging situations.
- Intuitive. You have a great intuition that helps you make decisions and know the right next steps to solve challenging problems.
- Data-driven. You can collect the data you need to make informed decisions quickly.
- Scrappy. You have an innate and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can and often do change rapidly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details up front.
- A team player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
- Admin level proficiency and experience with JIRA is a huge plus
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company for 2017
Inc. 5000 – America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2017
Forbes - Next Billion-Dollar Startup List 2017