Senior Project Manager
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. Deluxe is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
We currently have an opening for a Senior Project Manager – Applications within Deluxe’s Enterprise IT organization. The position will be located at our Burbank, CA offices.
The role of the Senior Project Manager - Applications is to develop and deliver application development programs and projects on time & within budget, whilst also delivering to the values and goals defined by Project Charters. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Senior Project Manager will also work with the project and IT owners to define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control and value realization throughout the project lifecycle
Program & Project Management:
• Manages complex programs containing multiple projects by ensuring the transversal alignment of all project dependencies, milestones & deliverables
• Operates comfortably within both Agile and Gantt (waterfall) project environments
• Ensures that programs & project plans are aligned with the requested timelines and goals for deliverables
• Owns the development & management of program & project plans, budgets, issues and risks, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Manages programs and projects in line with the defined processes for Risk, Issues, Change & Quality management, and ensures accurate and compliant document management
• Manages project budgets, reporting on actuals, estimates to complete and estimates at completion
• Ensures that all projects utilize and are compliant with the established project methodologies & standards.
• Identifies and ensures the allocation of the required stakeholders and resources needed to deliver programs & projects to plan & budget
• Manages the day-to-day operational aspects of projects including:
o Maintaining the Project Plan, Schedule & Budget, identifying managing any variances
o Reviewing project deliverables and providing Project Status reports weekly
o Managing action owners to ensure delivery of requirements within timescales, escalating & resolving issues as required
o Preparing documents for Advisory and Steering Committee Meetings
o Chairing Project Team Status & Advisory Committee meetings
o Measuring and driving value realization
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
• Holds regular status meetings with project team and management
• Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
• Possesses strong understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
• Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
• Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of Deluxe’s capabilities.
• Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential application on client projects.
• Manages and acts as mentor to small teams of project managers / coordinators
• Conducts effective and timely performance evaluations, coaching those with less experience through formal channels
• Helps team establish and execute career development plans
• Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training courses
• Tracks, reports & approves team members time & expenses on a weekly basis
• Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
• Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
• Serves as a role model for the team & challenges others to develop to the best of their abilities
• Inspires team members to attain goals and pursue excellence
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
• Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
• Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
• Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
• Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
• Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
• Plans and facilitates regular team activities outside of the office
• Manages day-to-day client interaction with regards to the programs and projects
• Sets and manages client expectations with regards to the programs and projects
• Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders & clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Has a basic knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be very detail oriented and organized.
• BS/BA degree in computer science preferred.
• 7 years’ direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project management and execution.
• Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• Experience in leading & managing complex multi-project Programs
• Experience with ERP implementations.
• Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project.
• Strong understanding of application programming, database and system design environments
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Flexible during times of change.
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
• Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
• Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.