QC Lead Technician at Deluxe Entertainment
Burbank, California-based Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc., is a leading provider of a broad range of services and technologies for the global digital media and entertainment industry. Bringing together a comprehensive network of specialized companies with best-in-class artistry, cutting-edge technology, streamlined delivery and distribution solutions and customized management strategies, Deluxe approaches all of its businesses with an ingrained attention to quality, detail and creativity. From start to finish, in whatever format or language is required, Deluxe has the infrastructure and in-house capacity to provide complete solutions to a broad range of customers, including: major motion picture studios, television networks and cable companies, advertising agencies, brands, production companies, independent distributors, and content owners.
We currently have an opening for a Quality Control Lead Technician. This position will be located in Burbank, California.
The Quality Control Lead Technician’s principle responsibilities are to assist the QC Manager(s) and/or Supervisor(s) and to liaise with the QC staff at large. They are also responsible for linking and pushing DCPs and Key Device Messages (KDMs) from our Storage Area Network (SAN) to the various DTDC facilities, scheduling Internal, Spot Check and Tech Check QCs of DCPs for other QC Technicians at the various DTDC facilities via our project management database system, training new staff and reporting concerns and roadblocks back to Managers and Supervisors, oversight of room and equipment issue escalation amongst QC Technicians. Work with project management to prioritize workload, understand and enact new workflows, and be a point person for technician general questions and troubleshooting, and liaison between development and project management. The QC Lead Technician is also expected to perform the duties of a QC Technician, as needed. The QC Lead can also be called upon to perform other tasks, and assume other duties, as required by their supervisor.
- Pushing content and KDMs to players in anticipation of upcoming QC evaluations
- Scheduling QCs for the various DTDC facilities
- Training new QC Technicians
- Follow proper escalation of room and equipment issue
- Assist in implementation of new policies and workflows
- Verifying KDM (Key Delivery Message) validity against the DCP to be evaluated
- Verifying DCP metadata against work order requirements
- D-Cinema setup of playback server, projector, audio configuration and 3D system
- External captioning device setup
- Ensuring screening environment complies with required security protocols
- Logging data regarding QC evaluations
- Notification of QC flagged items
- Completing tasks in database
- Some light client services duties
- Outstanding etiquette
- Outstanding client facing skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to excel in high pressure situations (deadlines, demanding clients, etc.)
- Excellent with database systems
- Strong familiarity with Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Skype)
- Firm grasp of d-cinema playback servers, captioning & 3D display systems
- Familiarity with command line & Linux scripts
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent
- Professional Post Production experience is preferred
- Quality Control experience is preferred
- Multi-lingual abilities are a plus
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.