Merchandising Coordinator - Experiences at Omaze
Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
The Merchandising Coordinator will play an important role on the Merchandising team to help to craft the direction of the Omaze e-commerce portfolio of incredible experiences. This person will help expand and drive current categories and identify and build new categories.
This role requires someone with a strong track record delivering sales growth in alignment with brand objectives, reflecting a deep knowledge of the customer, as well as competitive and global trends. This position requires someone who is creative, strategic, analytical and goal oriented. He/she must have a proven track record of working cross-functionally and be able to bring organization and innovation to established and new processes.
- He/she will support the team across all elements of the go-to-market process including scheduling, inventory development and adhering to the milestone calendar
- Help develop the seasonal milestone calendar and set all cross-functional touch points
- Manage and track all pre-season campaigns and lead through a complete cross-functional hand-off (Marketing, Fulfillment, Operations)
- Track in-season campaigns to ensure we are tracking to KPI’s
- Own the completion and dissemination of seasonal campaign briefs and collaborate with the marketing and content teams to ensure messaging is clear and actionable
- Act as a representative of the Merchandising team and liaise cross-departmentally to gather and provide campaign insights.
- Be an active participant in building seasonal campaign assortment plans based on unique, trend-right and high affinity experiences, driving growth and profitability
- Identify new ways to bring inventory to life and reach target consumers
- Participate/support as needed to gather consumer insights and use customer data to determine seasonal assortments and campaign strategies
- Stay informed on global automotive, consumer and business trends and tastes
- Continuously provide input and ideas and partner with the SVP to ensure the Omaze Owned strategy is on track to achieve targets
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS & GROWTH:
Following are critical for the ideal candidate to succeed in the role;
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to collaborate - building consensus and alignment across the organization
- Influence company processes and help build best practices that support all channels and functions
- Be goal oriented, data-driven, and financially-minded
- Be aware of and interested in consumer and lifestyle trends
- Ability to work in ambiguity – be a self-starter
- Be an ambassador for Omaze Experiences
- Take a consumer-first approach
- Approach problem solving with creativity, positivity and an open mind
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Be willing to look for opportunities to learn and grow
- Be socially minded
- You take your work seriously but not yourself
- 4-5 years working in strategic, business-minded environment
- Undergraduate college degree preferred
- Experience working in both an internal and external-facing capacity
- Don’t quite meet all these requirements? Apply anyway! We love talking with great candidates