Manager, Project Management at Golden Hippo
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Manager, Project Management to lead a team of project managers in their effort to drive projects and ensure business unit projects are completed within time. You will also provide guidance to the project team in monitoring and ensuring quality of project deliverables. You will work with our core team and key field resources to develop and monitor deployment schedule, strategies, and tools to support the implementation and deployment of projects.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Plans, staffs, reviews and organizes staff assignments. Provides leadership, coaching, guidance as well as training, and staff development opportunities.
- Acts as an escalation point for clients and internal team.
- Coordinate internal resources and ensure all projects are delivered on-time and within scope.
- Schedule and coordinate any kickoff meetings.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop detailed project plans and roadmaps, providing updates to key stakeholders on status and potential risk.
- Communicate with teams and ensure all members are on board with delegated tasks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project and process documentation.
- Monitor and report on website metrics as needed.
- Assist with requirement gathering for development team and feature validation.
- Oversee project management team.
- Communicate with sr. leadership regarding status updates, risk and resource needs.
- Identify company-wide areas for improvement and efficiencies, adapting with changing business needs.
- Facilitate launch of new brands and rollout of assigned companywide projects, while refining overall planning process.
- Provide comprehensive support to new business initiatives (retail, international).
- Setup, report and monitor impact on process change + new efficiencies.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- BA Degree in Business or related field
- 7+ years of previous Project Management experience
- 3 years’ experience leading teams or managing direct reports.
- PMP certification is required.
- Previous experience with Jira
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- High organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo is an equal opportunity employer.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo