Long Form Project Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Goal Overview To oversee the episodic assistants while providing support for production.
TV PM PROJECT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
• First hand communication with Producers, upon arrival and throughout the day.
• Keep the production team up to date on project status.
• Generate, prep and post status reports.
• Working with the Producer team, manage project SAN space. Assistants Team
• Generate the assistants daily and weekend schedule.
• Evaluate and re-assign assistants to projects as needed to accommodate changes in the daily schedule.
• Organize the assistants’ tasks to ensure projects meet their deadlines. Preparations for Projects/Sessions
• Assist producers in WO creation, job spec wrangling
• Execute pickup shot work orders.
• Actualizing and billing out work orders.
• Confirm all material needed for project has arrived and has been forwarded to the appropriate individual(s)
• Interface with client if required materials for jobs are missing (i.e. rough cut, drives, etc.)
• Coordinate with Operations the rental and installations of any additional resources needed for projects. Execution of Job
• Ensure all resources assigned to job are available as scheduled
• Make sure projects are ready for sessions to begin on time.
• Verifying project prep for any issues and/or missing items, and communicating them with the Producer and client.
• Communicate all session changes to Producer
• Work with Producer and color assistants to troubleshoot any session related problems
• Work with the vault to ensure delivery specs have been met
• Notify the Producer if any delivery deadlines that will or are in jeopardy of being missed
• Coordinate the archive of final VAM and CCM Final Billing
• Ensuring all work orders are filled out and submitted, following up where needed.
• Actualize work orders for Producers sign off. Virtual Sessions
• Setting up test feeds prior to session, including all face to face virtual interaction.
• Communicating with our Engineers if any network issues arise.
• Engage Engineering staff to resolve urgent technical problems
• Ensure all rental resources are set-up and tested
Requirements / Background
• 2 year TV Post Production
• Knowledge of digital capture cameras and files
• Background and/or knowledge of offline editing
• Avid and/or FCP experience
• File based workflow experience
• Xytech and/ or post production scheduling software experience
• Post scheduling experience
• REPORTS TO: Director of Production | Episodic