Director, Global Programs at Zwift
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Program Management leader to establish our Global Programs practice. Your work will provide visibility into the portfolio of work across the entire organization, and build a team as needs for scale emerge. You will ensure that relationships and dependencies between efforts across the entire organization remain aligned and that departments are aware of one another’s shifts in schedule to adapt as needed.
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make More People. More Active. More Often. The Zwift platform mixes the intensity of training with the immersive and engaging play of gaming. Ride or run virtual worlds with a motivating community in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny shores of Long Beach, California in 2014, we have grown to over 300 Watopians (that’s what we call our employees) and have locations in New York and London.
Not anywhere close to those cities or interested in relocating? Ask us about a remote option. We are willing to consider remote opportunities where it makes sense because we’re here to disrupt the fitness industry!
Some reasons we think you will love it here:
We are a creative, innovative, and passionate team. Where world-class talent can do their best work while having fun. Elevating teammates and looking within to always level up is deep in Zwift's DNA. Zwift's inclusive, "One Zwift for All" value is something that is worked on daily. And bringing your authentic voice is expected. Whether you’re a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Ready to join our growing community?
How we’re handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is to ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, don't be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We won't think twice if we get to meet any members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Watopians including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources including headspace, unmind, and Spring Health.
We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.
What you'll do:
- Define and evolve the Global Programs portfolio management structure, incorporating input from software product development, fitness tech, IT, compliance, partnerships, finance, and other endeavors
- Foster effective and timely exchange of information between executive leadership, business areas, and stakeholders, ensuring alignment between strategic priorities and our overall portfolio
- Build and maintain relationships with the various development groups whose endeavors you track and collate within the portfolio plan
- Facilitate business requirements and planning activities with business stakeholders and development leadership
- Serve as a primary conduit for change management, communications, and planning across our Long Beach, Rio, and London offices
- Own organization-wide scheduling and planning process artifacts and events across a variety of tools including JIRA, Confluence, and other tools
What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of a breadth of project and program management tools and techniques for both classical phased project management and agile development processes
- Experience with business domains such as supply chain management, ERP systems, external partnership, and hardware vendors as well as software and hardware product development domains
- Experience shepherding the change management involved in rolling out new processes and systems for portfolio management
- Experience managing a portfolio distributed across a range of geographies
- Experience supporting cross-functional product development organizations, including their internal partnerships and customer groups across the organization
- Exposure to advanced product and program management techniques like User Story Mapping, Journey Mapping, and Design Thinking
- Enthusiasm for video games, cycling, running, and other active lifestyles
- A Zwifter or familiar with the platform
Of course, we are nothing without our Values to ground us and ensure we run and build a Company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then, can they thrive and do their best work. The Values we strive to live every day:
- Make It Fun,
- Elevate Teammates,
- Cultivate Our Community,
- Always Level Up,
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.