Agile Project Manager
WANTED! -- A project management expert passionate about continuous improvement of self, team and process. Are you that somebody?
The Project Manager will work closely with our designers and engineers to anticipate day to day needs and assist with production of high-quality work. You’ll be helping to shape the entire mobile experience on multibillion dollar consumer facing projects. This role requires accurate and effective communication and a good dose of problem solving with cross-functional teams throughout all levels the organization.
Cie Digital Labs’ Project Management team is full of members with a variety of expertise and skill levels. They’re young in heart and spirit and thrive off of interpersonal interactions. Together you will all collectively tackle day to day challenges and push the department forward. Oh, the team also has a pet fish – scrummy! He’s got a little bit of sass but you’ll love him.
What you’ll do:
- Provide oversight. Manage all aspects of projects operating under different methodologies (primarily scrum and critical path).
- Master documentation. Create and track documentation such as project plans, team decisions and outstanding issues, risk assessments and mitigation strategies.
- Analyze variances. Manage and report discrepancies to project scope, schedule, and budget building exciting apps/working with exciting clients.
- Flex your strategy. You’ll work with different people and teams, and your communication strategies should be tailored to your audience, what they need to know and how they’ll process the information best.
- Master the details. Be thorough in documenting and following up on team decisions, issues and action items.
- Juggle curveballs. Projects are full of unknowns and you’ll have to identify and work through potential dependencies and novel challenges.
- Be a controller. You own your projects and know where they’re at every step of the way, so you can set your team up for success.
- Be a partner. Our external business teams will look to you to minimize the fires, translate code language and provide project updates every step of the way.
What you need to succeed:
- Speak geek. You’ll need to understand what it takes to build digital software and applications and know how to work with developers through dependencies and technical challenges.
- Save the date. Whether Gantt, scrum or Kanban, you need to know how to put together a schedule and work with the team to produce their best work.
- Numbers are your best friend. You need to have an understanding of how to keep tallies on your budget and know how to forecast based on cost trends, making adjustments where needed.
- Teamwork = Dream Work. You need to know how to bring out your team’s best work.
- Manage the group. Know how to prioritize your own work and that of the team while working on multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- College experience. We’re looking for someone with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- 3-4 years of experience working with clients and teams to build complex software and applications.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k matched.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: Frequent Team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered lunches, stocked pantries, fridges and unlimited coffee.
- Fitness: There’s an outfitted gym at your disposal.
- Location: With new offices in Irvine, CA, our beautiful open work space is in a building with a florist, salon/barber, café/bar (with an amazing happy hour), free parking, and game room!