We’re looking for a friendly, eager-to-learn Customer Success Specialist to join our team.
In this role, you will use your passion for technology to provide our customers with a world class experience. SimplePractice is built for our customers, and supporting their success is our top priority. We strive to provide unparalleled support and encourage our customers to always let us know how we can improve our products. You’ll be an integral member of the Customer Success team, getting to know and responding to thousands of SimplePractice customers, and working collaboratively with our team to constantly improve our Customer Success materials and processes. This role will give you front row access in a startup while you provide tangible value and support to our growing community.
What is the structure of this job?
This is a full-time hourly (non-exempt) position, with overtime offered during peak seasons. For the first 3 months of employment, you'll be expected to be available for onboarding and education from 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday. After the onboarding/education period, your standard shift will be Thursday through Monday. There is some flexibility with which weekday days can be worked over time, but weekend day coverage will be standard.
What would you do for us?
- Respond to customer inquiries about our company and platform's features
- Answer all inbound support emails within 60 minutes or less, continually striving for swifter response time
- Triage incoming customer support emails to other specialty agents, answering up to 30% of all new emails
- Participate in live chat during our standard business hours
- Schedule live customer screen sharing sessions and phone calls as needed
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex issues that our customers face with our product by utilizing intuitive problem-solving skills
- Identify patterns in incoming support emails and keep an eye out for potential issues
- Escalate product issues to our Technical Support Specialists
- Participate in Customer Success onboarding and education programs and efforts
- Contribute to our ambitious conversion rate goals by conducting live onboarding calls with customers in a free trial
- Increase our customers’ product engagement and competency through teaching live classes, conducting Q&A sessions, and facilitating demos
- Maintain alignment with the larger Customer Success group and other internal stakeholders
- Identify and report knowledge gaps in our group and work to get them added to our Knowledge Systems
- Work with our Product, Engineering, Marketing, Compliance, and Partnerships groups to handle customer inquiries when inter-department collaboration is needed
Our Customer Success Specialist Must-Haves:
- 1-2 years of professional work experience
- A sense of urgency to complete work efficiently and accurately
- Comfortable with ambiguity to determine the best solution for our customers
- Comfortable with managing a large number of computer based programs, applications, and toolsets simultaneously to perform job duties
- Upbeat, fun, and confident, and can pitch in on-camera in some of our live online customer classes
- Tech savvy and comfortable with web apps - Slack, Asana, Zendesk, Google Docs, ScheduleOnce, and the like. You should be able to use them with ease and be sharp enough to troubleshoot any issues you have
More About You:
- You have the ability to explain complicated concepts in a clear and concise manner
- You’re highly empathetic, patient, and really love helping people
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on a casual, friendly, and conversational tone
- You self-manage, are a self-starter, are self-motivated, and can adjust priorities on-the-fly
- A plus if you have past experience working with Zendesk or in start-up environments