FIGS is seeking an SVP of Production to oversee all aspects of production and quality control. As a fast-growing company whose foundation is built on product quality, this role is paramount to our continued growth and success.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the strategy and execution of FIGS production, sourcing and quality programs.
- Align strategy and initiatives with key cross functional partners including Design, Merchandising and Operations.
- Continuously evaluate new material suppliers and production vendors to ensure that FIGS always has a diversified, but efficient network of best-in-class vendors in place to support our continued hyper growth.
- Drive overarching global sourcing strategy that includes diversifying to manage risk.
- Oversee the onboarding of all production vendors on FIGS standards and ensure compliance with FIGS standards on an ongoing basis.
- Establish materials and capacity protocols matched to the merchandising and assortment strategy and chase programs.
- Oversee all active production to ensure that goods are delivered on time, on budget, and in line with FIGS’ high quality standards.
- Continuously work to reduce FIGS’ lead times and to add flexibility to the company’s inbound supply chain.
- Ensure that all aspects of FIGS production are conducted in the most responsible and sustainable manner possible.
- Oversee KPI tracking and reporting for all vendors.
- Develop and manage the Production team’s annual budget.
- Lead and develop FIGS’ in-house production, sourcing and QC teams.
- 20 + years of experience in apparel production, with experience in athletic / performance-oriented apparel production preferred.
- Expert knowledge of garment development, production, fabric and quality processes.
- Experience scaling a geographically diverse vendor base.
- Experience implementing sustainable practices throughout an international supply chain.
- Ability to travel internationally on a quarterly basis.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and exceptional ability to identify and improve processes.
- Expert analytical and decision making skills.
- Outstanding communication skills.
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.