Sr. Director, Spotlight at Snap Inc.
As a member of the leadership team reporting to the SVP of Content and Partnerships, you contribute to the vision for the team and are responsible for aligning, unifying, and driving our global content strategy, operations, partner and creator ecosystems, and data and insight initiatives. In addition to your oversight and accountability for user generated content, you will be responsible for strategic, cross-functional programs requiring collaboration with Strategy, Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Communications, Events, Finance and Legal. In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to continuously evolve our content ecosystem; grow a diverse and global community of Snapchatters; and attract new partners and creators to the Snap platform.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the team responsible for the Spotlight platform.
- Develop, articulate and champion a clear and compelling vision for the future of user generated content on our platform.
- Collaborate directly with functional heads across the business to develop and drive sophisticated, global strategies for growth and engagement.
- Engage, inspire and lead our content teams; deeply empathize with their business goals and workflows; and envision how content intelligence can further enable their success.
- Maintain alignment in our strategy and operations to ensure that the content is reflective of, and relatable to, all members of our community, domestically and globally.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience and success leading content development, programming and partnerships
- Demonstrated success in high-growth environments seated at the intersection of technology and media
- Strong ability to lead data driven decision-making and exploration of complex data analysis
- Demonstrated success in both domestic and global management roles
- Demonstrated interest in the future of storytelling
- A passion for Snapchat
- 10+ years experience working in technology, media or entertainment
- 7+ years of experience overseeing global content strategy and operations
- 5+ years of experience growing, developing and leading teams in high growth environments
- MBA or JD is a plus