Senior Trust & Safety Specialist at Snap Inc. (Greater LA Area, CA)
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company's three core products are Snapchat , a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio , an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and its AR glasses, Spectacles .
We're looking for a Sr. Specialist to join Team Snap's growing Proactive Trust & Safety Operations team! You will be expected to proactively investigate violations of our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service, and to flex in to support the larger T&S team as needed. We are looking for someone who is able to keep a cool head under pressure, and is excited about cross-functional work with our Public Policy, Product and Engineering teams, building and improving processes, and taking a hands-on, innovative approach to helping keep Snapchatters safe. You will become a subject matter expert in Snap's proactive detection tools and services, and own projects from start to finish.
What you'll do:
- Identify trends and patterns by reviewing reported content and conducting outside research
- Conduct thorough and objective investigations into violations of our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service
- Anticipate project risks, negotiate with decision makers, and balance business needs versus technical constraints
- Develop and conduct training for other T&S team members
- Enhance team's work through recommendations for optimizing tooling as well as process development and improvement
- Ensure that new product and workflow launches are properly planned for and supported
- Work with internal stakeholders to make sure Proactive Trust & Safety priorities are communicated clearly and backed up by strong data
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comfort working within a content moderation environment
- Ability to problem solve, both independently and with peers, and to structure ambiguous business challenges into actionable plans
- Strong analytical skills, including working with large data sets to solve business problems, and providing practical business insights via data visualization software (Advanced EXCEL, Looker, Grafana, etc.)
- Background working effectively with cross-functional teams and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively and appropriately within all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize, focus and thrive in a dynamic work environment, and to adapt to evolving business needs
- Process driven individual with a proven track record of developing and implementing new processes and identifying opportunities to improve or build on existing processes
- Great judgment and excellent leadership skills
- Experience investigating criminality or abuse on or off-line
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to develop tools and solutions that improve trust across a platform or product
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience working in technology, safety, or a related field
- Flexible work-hours: full-time and weekends as needed
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC) : The base salary range for this position is $100,000 - $140,000
- Zone B : The base salary range for this position is $95,000 - $133,000
- Zone C : The base salary range for this position is $85,000 - $119,000
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs.
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a "default together" approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't be shy and contact us at [email protected] .
Our Benefits : Snap Inc. is its own community, so we've got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap's long-term success!