Senior Manager, Fabrics & Trims at FIGS
FIGS is looking for a Senior Manager, Fabric and Trims to join our growing team. In this role, you will ensure all fabrications meet FIGS performance attributes, testing requirements and sustainability requirements to support marketing claims. This role will report into the Director of Product Development.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure all fabrications meet FIGS performance attributes, testing requirements and sustainability requirements to support marketing claims (wicking, odor management, UPF, etc)
- Drive newness and innovation through raw material sourcing and development in partnership with suppliers and vendors.
- Comprehend results of lab tests and their impact on quality, performance, and price
- Provide expertise to design, product development, and production teams on fabric construction & content, fabric finishing technical capabilities to deliver raw material innovation
- Translate FIGS aesthetic into clear, executable direction for mill partners
- Support key product initiatives through fabric research with strategic mill partners
- Maintain PLM system with relevant fabric info.
- Schedule seasonal appointments with strategic mills prior to development each season
- Travel domestically and internationally to develop fabrics with key mills and attend industry trade shows.
- Bulk dye lot approvals.
- Work with cross functional partners to manage booking mill capacity at all raw material suppliers globally. Actualize capacity booked against projections
- Support and maintain color library against each fabrication.
- Build and maintain fabric and trim library as resource for Design and PD
- Ensure on time delivery of materials to various production facilities by maintaining fabric WIP reports
- Guide team on production care label instructions
- Manage production liability catalog and communicate to cross functional team monthly
- Responsible for putting seasonal developments into testing and tracking.
- College degree in apparel/textiles, manufacturing, or related experience
- 7 years’ experience in material development of technical performance product
- Strong technical knowledge of yarn, fabric construction, dyeing and functional finishing
- Proficient in industry performance testing standards and protocols
- Knowledgeable of garment and material manufacturing processes, bulk manufacturing, cost drivers, lead times & sourcing strategy
- Ability to engineer & solve for specific quality, cost, or fit issues via technical alterations
- Strong attention to detail, active follow-through, assertiveness, self-motivation and ability to work in a team environment
- Display curiosity & knowledge of new innovation, trends, & construction finishes/dying, mill innovation, fabric developments, fiber technology
- Ability to build strong relationships & maintain alignment with internal & external, cross functional partners
- Ability to influence + collaborate with cross functional partners
- Agile and Flexible- our pace and process is fast and every changing, must be able to manage multiple projects and problems under time pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
A little bit about us…
The $60 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is antimicrobial, wrinkle resistant, moisture wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
We are the first medical apparel company to sell directly to healthcare professionals through our ecommerce platform. By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.