QA Regulatory Specialist, Pet at Golden Hippo
Who We Are:
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
Why Golden Hippo:
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a QA Regulatory Specialist, Pet who will be responsible for ensuring regulations are met for pet food products and brands. They will evaluate, audit, and qualify contract manufacturers, maintain registration of feed products, and ensure product quality per regulations for all pet food/supplement products.
What Your Day-to-Day Will Look Like:
- Reviews product labels to ensure compliance with AAFCO, state, NASC, and all applicable regulations as required
- Maintains current registration of products with all applicable state regulating bodies
- Develops and maintains consistent third party testing verification program for finished products
- Responsible for regulation compliance with all applicable international markets
- Conducts and reports out results of onsite audits of contract manufacturers as needed
- Provides regulatory counsel for product development team
- Maintains supplier approval program for all pet food and treat contract manufacturers
- Manages NAERS system and reporting
- Monitors regulatory environment for changes to regulations
- Educates business on regulation requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Best Candidates Will Have:
- 1-3+ years experience in a Quality Assurance or Regulatory position required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Knowledge of HACCP, Food Safety, AAFCO, Food manufacturing regulations (USDA, FDA), GMP
- Ok with traveling for audits (Roughly 25% or once a month) required
- Excellent intra/inter-department communication skills
- Attention to detail and high organizational/prioritization prowess
- Highly knowledgeable of regulatory environment
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Regulatory experience in the pet food space is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote