Lead, GSOC at Snap Inc. (Greater LA Area, CA)
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company's three core products are Snapchat, a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio, an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and its AR glasses, Spectacles.
The Global Security Organization (GSO) plays an important role in delivering on Snap's "Duty of Care" to its employees, guests, and customers - while constantly embodying our values of Kind, Smart, and Creative. The Global Security team helps create a safe environment so that all of our team members around the world are empowered to do their best work, every day.
We're looking for a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Shift Lead to join our Global Security team!
What you'll do:
- Ensure the protection and support of our team members and assets through close coordination with our Security Operations team and other business process service providers
- Use internal and external systems (internet, news-feeds, and other data sources), to supervise risks that could have an adverse impact to Snap assets, facilities, and personnel
- Develop and handle communications to key partners throughout an incident response life-cycle
- Use technology, reporting, and investigative skills to respond to requests, initiate, and resolve cases
- Perform technology based access control functions, to include updating team member access levels, configuring access levels, and running access control reports
- Utilize closed circuit television (CCTV) for situational awareness, threat management, and investigative purposes
- Develop and implement procedures as it relates to best practices, directives, and standard operating procedures
- Responsible for motivating, coaching and training Snap GSOC Operators
- Responsible for schedule coordination and coordinates coverage for team absences and requests for time off
- Responsible for quality control of all GSOC products and reports
- Other ad hoc duties or special projects as assigned by Global Security management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership skills, with an emphasis on customer service and teamwork
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with all levels of the organization
- Experience working in the security, medical, emergency services, law enforcement, military, or customer service industry is helpful
- Flexibility to work non-traditional schedules including holidays, nights, and weekends to adapt to our 24/7 operation
- Proven track record using security technology and computer systems (Google Suite, Lenel access control systems, Incident Management Systems (Everbridge/VCC), CCTV platforms and radio dispatch systems
- Solid understanding of Incident Response, Crisis Management, Incident Management and Emergency Response
- Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance, monitoring of assets, and making rapid notifications via mass communication tools
- Knowledge and/or direct experience creating security intelligence-based products
- Professional, eloquent, and able to use good independent judgment and discretion
- Superb ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials with the strictest confidence
- Ability to tackle problems creatively, and the desire to create and build new processes
- Strong time management, ability to multitask, and strong attention to detail
- Data analytics and reporting experience for running current analytics and the creation of new reports
- Prior training or educational coursework on research, analytical, or intelligence techniques
- Experience using OSINT tools such as Dataminr, Liferaft Navigator, Everbridge, Tweetdeck, GIS mapping software, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent or BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Lead within a Command Center, 911, GSOC, Emergency Operations Environment or similar environment
- Current CPR and Basic First Aid certification
- Ability stay on your feet for extended periods to time for Incident Management or support to Campus Security Operations
- Ability to lift up to 20.5 lbs. to support emergency response or relocation
- The role requires regular onsite work at a Snap Office Location, at minimum 5 days a week
- Associates Degree or above
- The flexibility to work any assigned shift and to attend meetings and training sessions
- 4+ years supervising a team
- 4+ years working with Lenel, CCTV monitoring, incident management technology
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC) : The base salary for this position is $38.46 - $57.50 USD an hour
- Zone B : The base salary for this position is $35.58 - $52.88 USD an hour
- Zone C : The base salary for this position is $31.73 - $49.50 USD an hour
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a "default together" approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't be shy and contact us at [email protected] .
Our Benefits : Snap Inc. is its own community, so we've got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap's long-term success!