FIGS is looking for a Facilities Manager to join our growing team as our facilities leader. This role will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of various facilities, including our headquarters, warehouse, and retail locations to ensure that our operations, maintenance, and vendor management standards are met in the most seamless and cost effective manner. The ideal candidate will be well-organized and will enjoy balancing the needs of our different teams and locations. Leadership abilities and phenomenal efficiency can set you apart among our candidate pool. The goal of the Facilities Manager role is to ensure that we provide FIGS team members with an inspiring and productive work environment.
What you’ll do:
- Perform project management work to include preparing budgets for maintenance projects, overseeing project execution, resolving complex work problems, recommending contract change orders
- Manage all facilities and space allocation needs at our multiple locations: headquarters, warehouse, pop-up stores, and potential retail locations Plan building maintenance and operational programs
- Manage vendor relationships including landlord, parking, and security team
- Coordinate site safety programs and maintaining a safe work environment for all employees
- Ensure all processes and compliance programs are met
- Support in office build-outs and interior changes
- Drive continuous improvement of processes and procedures within the facilities environment, implement innovative programs, processes, and procedures that reduce short- and long-term operating costs while increasing productivity and the workplace experience
- Serve as one of the leaders of our culture committee and as the point of contact for employee engagement and satisfaction; including event and outing set-up and coordination
- Oversee receptionist, day porters, and cleaning/maintenance team
- Manage ad hoc maintenance support and troubleshooting with the IT Team
- Ensure that FIGS brand is present throughout all FIGS locations
- Work on other assignments or special projects when necessary to meet business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline (preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience in facilities management position
- Ability to travel to local facilities on a regular basis
- Proven leadership and people management skills
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, MS Office and G Suite applications and knowledge of Asana
- High energy, self-motivated individual who is flexible in assignment, able to multi-task between multiple active projects
- Work in a matrix environment where priorities change rapidly, and tight deadlines exist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Excellent project management skills
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
A little bit about us:
The $50 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, stain and liquid repellent, moisture-wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries.
Read Full Job Description