Director of Supply Chain
Golden Hippo Media is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most — our customers. We’re growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo Media is currently looking for a Director of Supply Chain. This role is responsible and accountable for the organization's overall supply chain operations, including sourcing, purchasing, inventory of items across multiple brands and selection of vendors. The Director of Supply Chain will report to the CFO. The successful candidate will have excellent leadership skills and the ability to put together a talented, efficient team and should be able to interact and communicate effectively across multiple departments in the organization. This individual must have the experience and ability to interact and maintain good vendor relations to develop a broad, strong supplier base for the Company. This individual will develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It’s the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, “no dress code” atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Oversee all steps that comprise the supply chain process, including planning, procurement, vendor management, strategic sourcing, and inventory management. Ensure entire supply chain is efficient, on time and cost effective
- Lead cross collaboration between the supply chain organization and other departments, including product development, QA, finance, customer service, and marketing
- Manage existing supplier relationships and source new ones
- Identify cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities across
- Develop and communicate Key Performance Indicators, including vendors performance metrics.
- Communicate issues, concerns and recommendations, including corrective and preventative action plan
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years general Supply Chain experience with an emphasis on consumer products especially nutritional supplements and/or cosmetics.
- Deep experience in working with contract manufacturers
- Excellent knowledge of systems, preferably NetSuite and HighJump.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain methods and procedures, including but not limited to sourcing, purchasing, inventory management.
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.