Director of SOX at ServiceTitan (Greater LA Area, CA)
ServiceTitan is seeking an ambitious, motivated Director, SOX Compliance to join our Finance Organization in one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Southern California, backed by the best VC firms in the SaaS space. The role will enhance the effectiveness, efficiency, and scalability of ServiceTitan's business processes, financial systems, and underlying internal control environment through the SOX compliance efforts. The cross-functional role will closely partner with Legal, Finance, Security business leaders, as well as internal & external auditors to unify SOX Compliance across the organization. The role reports directly to the Corporate Controller.
What you'll do:
- Create, oversee and drive all aspects of the SOX 404 implementation effort
- Evaluate and monitor the ongoing design and operating effectiveness of controls over financial reporting throughout the organization
- Identify and effectively communicate process improvements to drive the business or enhance audit approach, and share best practices
- Communicate to executives opportunities for process improvements
- Assess control deficiencies as they are identified and advise control owners to establish and execute a remediation plan
- Identify opportunities to redesign and improve the operating effectiveness of controls through simplification and automation
- Conduct regular training for process owners regarding SOX compliance, how to update documentation, conduct walkthroughs, etc.
- Periodically report to the Audit Committee and external auditors regarding the status of internal controls, SOX 404 assessments, and any identified deficiencies
- Develop and maintain the Company's entity-level risk assessment
- Design and streamline internal processes, leveraging technology where possible, to allow the Business Process Owners to execute in the most efficient and effective manner possible
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years of SOX experience required, with big 4, SOX consulting and/or internal audit experience strongly preferred
- Experience in leading a successful SOX 404 compliance
- Direct experience with PCAOB standards, SOX requirements, and COSO Framework required. Specifically, the ideal candidate must demonstrate a firm grasp of financial reporting and SOX requirements and methodologies (risk assessment, controls design, testing strategies, etc.)
- Knowledge of process flow mapping, design and documentation of business process and general information technology controls, controls testing, evaluation of control deficiencies, and remediation plans required
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.