Director of Global Service Management
Deluxe is the entertainment industry’s largest end-to-end services provider, which produces, delivers, archives and monetises content, so clients can realise bigger visions and unlock more value from their assets. Deluxe is an ecosystem for media and entertainment that includes production, post-production, distribution, and asset management capabilities.
For over 95 years, Deluxe has been an integral and reliable partner for filmmakers and the Hollywood Studios, networks, advertisers, sports teams and leagues.
The Director of Global Service Management will be located in Burbank, CA and will supervise the Service Delivery manager Team and Network Operations Center.
The Director of Global Service Management is responsible for the following functions within Deluxe:
- Production & Corporate IT Service Management; to ensure unified best practice processes, tools and methodologies are deployed and maintained throughout Deluxe IT Operations.
- Ensure smooth transition of IT support process from current legacy/on-premises architecture to a cloud based open product architecture for the Deluxe One product.
- Key vendor contract and relationship management; to ensure competitive commercial agreements are maintained in conjunction with high levels of service performance.
- Global Network Operations Centre strategy, build, rollout and day-to-day leadership.
As the Director of Global Service Management, you will ensure IT services are designed, planned, implemented and improved in line with current business needs. You will engage, coordinate and support Deluxe IT functions globally to ensure the consistent deployment of processes, tools, and technology essential for effective service delivery and development.
You will unify Change, Capacity, Service Level and Problem management across all Corporate and Production IT teams globally.
Working closely with the product development team, you will ensure the smooth transition of IT support from current Deluxe technology assets and products to the new cloud based, and open, Deluxe One platform.
The Director of Global Service Management will also be responsible for the Global Network Operations Centre (NOC) design, build, rollout and day-to-day management. This is a new function that will be built from the ground up to deliver 1st/2nd line proactive service availability assurance for all Deluxe Production IT workflows globally.
Production & Corporate IT Service Management
- Unify incident, problem, change, release, capacity, and service level management processes, tools and routine reporting across all Production and Corporate IT teams globally.
- Increase the speed and reliability of change within Deluxe whilst ensuring incidents caused by change are minimized by continuously evaluating potential risk and historical success. Put in place tools and processes to effectively communicate and manage change globally.
- Ensure accurate fault data is captured within the service support processes globally in order to carry out in-depth trend analysis on the performance of Deluxe IT services, technology, and teams. This will allow Deluxe to make data driven decisions in order determine areas of improvement within technology and process on a centralised/global scale.
- Implement IT process management and governance across all IT support teams globally
- Identify areas for unification of IT support tools globally
- Consolidated Service Management and Performance Reporting globally.
Support transition of current Production IT support processes to Deluxe One
- Act as a bridge between the Deluxe One product design team and IT support teams globally to ensure a smooth and well documented handover of IT Support of the new Deluxe One product/service.
Key vendor contract and relationship management
- Using direct report(s) within a Vendor Management role, manage the top 100 vendors for Deluxe IT services (Corporate and Production IT) in order to assure cost effectiveness and high performance vendor services.
- Liaise with Deluxe procurement and finance teams during contract renewals, RFPs, and renegotiations.
- Routinely review all vendors to identify areas for consolidation and innovation within Deluxe IT services.
- Manage the performance of vendors using routine service and performance review meetings.
Global Network Operations Centre leadership
- Lead the scoping, mandate, design, build and rollout of the new Bangalore Global Network Operations Centre.
- Consult with all internal senior technology and operations stakeholders globally to collate requirements from each region on a NOC support model. Include these requirements in to the above NOC scope and design.
- Report weekly and monthly on NOC/Deluxe Service Availability performance to all relevant business units globally.
- Alongside other Director colleagues, act as a point of executive level escalation for all internal and external customers relating to Deluxe Support operating models.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, management and personal development support to the NOC Manager.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
The candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in IT Service Management and media focussed NOC Support (essential)
- In-depth ITIL and IT Service Management knowledge and certifications (essential)
- Minimum 3-5 years in a senior management position with experience managing technology, staff, and budgets (essential)
- Experience working in a global technology/media environment (essential)
- Experience in building and launching broadcast or media global Network Operations Centre’s (highly desirable)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent at identifying and managing resources needed to plan, develop and deliver technology services
- Strong influencer of senior level customers and technology teams, ensuring that services are managed to agreed levels of availability and performance
- Strong technology service management budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting skills
- Knowledge sufficient to plan and manage the implementation of processes, tools, and methods for monitoring and managing the performance of systems and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business
- Technology service operations experience, including prior management experience in at least one service management area (service design, transition, or improvement). As experience of the full technology service lifecycle is required, it is unlikely that the jobholder will have previously worked for less than 7 years in a technology support function
- Sufficiently strong knowledge to lead technology service continuity planning and implementation (within the context of overall business continuity planning)
- Experience with data analysis and making data-driven leadership decisions
- Possess and consistently demonstrate a "can do" attitude. The successful candidate must be able to challenge the norm to enable departmental and company growth
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to readily communicate with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter, organized and detail oriented team leader
May require weekend and evening hours. May require domestic and international travel.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.