Customer Support Specialist at Altruist
Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better for everyone. We’re looking to hire a dedicated Customer Service Representative to provide direct support to the financial advisors using our technology platform.
Our team is solving a huge problem that requires big-picture thinkers who are motivated to make a real difference through their work. If you're passionate about building meaningful products that people love to use, then you’ll love what we’re up to.
What you’ll do
- Utilize proprietary and partner systems to diagnose and resolve complex customer inquiries spanning across account opening, funding, trading, fee billing, reporting, and account maintenance
- Sleuth defects and proactively shepherd to resolution
- Provide exceptional customer service -- go above and beyond to foster rapport, delight customers, and drive loyalty
- Become an expert in Altruist’s product offering
- Translate complex customer issues for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Tag data and feedback gathered through customer interactions to help Altruist prioritize product roadmap and process optimization decisions
- Help maintain and update response templates and platform FAQs
- Adhere to compliance and regulatory guidelines at all times
- Operate in a remote position and report to manager in CA headquarters but will eventually be part of our second office location
What you’ll need
- 2+ years of customer support or call-center experience
- 2+ years broker-dealer operations or clearing firm experience
- Working knowledge of investing and what Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) do on behalf of their clients
- Proficiency with ticket management systems such as Zendesk and Jira
- Deep empathy for our customers; exemplary active listening and interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Can easily manage multiple tasks in a well-organized and highly detailed manner while working in a fast-paced, perpetually evolving, early-stage, start-up environment
- Motivated to uncover the root cause of issues and drive them to resolution
- Team mindset focused on setting each other up for success; low ego
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Approach all job responsibilities with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- FINRA Series 99 license (preferred), or the ability to complete the examinations in your first 180 days
What you’ll get
At Altruist you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their craft.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join at the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice, CA on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
You’ll join a proven founding team that is backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US, Venrock. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).