Senior Law Enforcement Specialist
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Law Enforcement Operations Senior Specialist to join team Snapchat! As a member of the Law Enforcement Operations team, you will review, index, and process all levels of legal requests from domestic and international law enforcement, as well as drive successful projects and tooling initiatives. Working from our Los Angeles headquarters, you’ll collaborate with the Legal, Customer Operations, and Engineering teams to assist law enforcement and protect Snapchatters.
What you’ll do:
- Accurately review, index, and process various types of legal requests from domestic and international law enforcement
- Enhance our operational workflows via process improvements
- Participate in on-call rotation for law enforcement emergency requests and internal escalations
- Collaborate with internal and outside counsel on escalations as appropriate
- Participate in trial appearances as a Records Custodian on behalf of Snap Inc.
- 3+ years of experience working in law enforcement, legal, compliance, or a related field
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, political science, sociology, Public administration, international relations, computer science, or another related area of study
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with large datasets to deliver insights
- Highly attentive to detail, with proven ability to accurately analyze lengthy legal documents
- Experience working directly with law enforcement in a professional manner
- Experience with reviewing sensitive content
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently with minimal oversight
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the company
- A passion for Snapchat and online safety!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].