General Counsel at Omaze
Who We Are:
Omaze is a venture-backed startup with a mission of transforming lives through the power of storytelling and technology. Our for-profit platform offers people everywhere the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Since our founding in 2012 in Los Angeles, California; Omaze has raised more than $100 million for over 350 charity partners. We’re growing our team of smart, dedicated, passionate people, and that’s where you come in!
Who We’re Seeking:
Omaze is looking for an experienced General Counsel who will oversee and advise on all legal, compliance, and risk management initiatives of the company. General Counsel will be a key thought partner for the leadership team in growing our business, while always advocating for the protection of the Company.
- Provide Legal Guidance. General Counsel will provide internal legal advice to the management team and all employees on all company matters. General Counsel will also manage relationships with external counsel, and call on expertise as necessary.
- Regulatory Compliance. General Counsel will ensure that we are always in compliance with relevant state and national regulatory requirements, both domestically and internationally.
- Commercial Contracts. General Counsel and the Legal organization will be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and entering into all contracts and agreements on behalf of the company.
- Risk Management. General Counsel will ensure that we have the appropriate insurance coverage to protect the business.
- Intellectual Property. General Counsel will focus on protecting the Company’s IP, including staying involved in evolutions of our business both on the technology and product side.
- Strategic Thought Partner. General Counsel will be a key partner to the leadership team of the company in navigating new avenues of growth, while ensuring appropriate legal structures. This includes, but is not limited to, efforts to expand product offerings or geographical territories.
- Legal Team Management. General Counsel will oversee the Legal and Business Affairs team, which includes managing and growing the team as necessary.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- J.D. Required
- 10+ years legal practice experience
- Strong communication and organization skills