Director, Legal Operations at Omaze
Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
Who We're Seeking:
A hyper organized and efficient Legal Operations Director who will be responsible for driving and supporting the legal department’s internal operational excellence by creating, implementing and managing all back-end legal processes, including contract management, policy review and development, and internal investigations. You will create best practices and work cross-functionally to support teams across the organization including, People Operations, Business Development, Partnerships, Marketing, and Content teams.
You will be an integral and valuable member of the Omaze team and have the goal of increasing efficiency and building an even stronger foundation for Omaze’s legal department. You will gain experience in the highly specialized worlds of nonprofit fundraising and sweepstakes regulations while working in a fast-paced environment at the nexus of social good and technology.
- Draft, review, and manage the intake, preparation, dissemination and execution of contracts
- Build and maintain a contracts database
- Help draft and revise document template repository, with attorney oversight, and develop SOPs regarding standard contract provisions and terms across documents
- Help draft and revise department processes and policies, with attorney oversight
- Serve as the internal point person for the legal department, regularly communicating across departments to ensure effective communications and that legal deliverables are on-time and of high-quality
- Participate in calls and represent the best interests of Omaze
- Provide support to legal team members for issues as they arise
- Assist with insurance-related matters, including, securing COIs as required
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years’ experience as a certified Paralegal, or equivalent legal department experience, or 7+ years’ experience in contract drafting, compliance, and/or internal policy creation and implementation in corporate environment
- You must be an extreme multi-tasker, with unmatched organizational skills and an unyielding attention to detail
- You are willing to do the tedious detailed oriented type of work that keeps Omaze running and have the ability to independently exercise sound judgment with minimal supervision
- You are accountable and a true team player, and are excited by the fact that this role requires you to build strong cross-functional relationships throughout the organization
- Maintain a calm demeanor and guide colleagues through sudden challenges
- You are passionate about making a change and want to use your skills to do something good for the world
- You take your work seriously, but not yourself
- Any experience in sweepstakes, advertising, data privacy or other highly regulated arenas is a huge plus