Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a PR Associate Intern who is passionate about expanding their experience in the Public Relations field. The Intern will be responsible for providing administrative support to PR department by performing various activities and tasks in order to maintain and enhance the department’s effectiveness and performance.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Paid internship starting at $15 per hour
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- Possibility to be hired full-time upon completion of internship
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Suggest innovative ideas in brainstorming sessions about marketing projects / strategies
- Manage /organize press assets
- Creating end of month report
- Provide assistance organization and execution of different events
- Edit and proofread press releases, videos and design projects
- Examine and document media coverage and track relevant PR metrics
- Responsible for the press clip archive
- Perform a variety of different administrative tasks
- Researching relevant news trends for pitch ideas
- Record action items from each PR firm meeting
- Researching future marketing projects (apps, etc)
- Assembling / shipping of gift boxes to media/celebrities
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- BA in Journalism OR Public Relations OR Communication is preferred
- At least one year PR firm experience
- Detailed-oriented mindset
- Organization that comes naturally
- Flexible / adaptable with ever-changing work priorties
- Meets deadlines
- Social media / trend / news savvy
- Computer savvy – working knowledge of Google databases, design software,
- Excellent communications / writing skills
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo is an equal opportunity employer.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo