MBA Intern - Program Associate, Yellow at Snap Inc.
Program Associate, Yellow —MBA Intern
at Snap Inc.
Los Angeles, CA
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Yellow is a launchpad for creative minds and entrepreneurs building companies at the intersection of creativity and technology. Not only are we making an equity investment in promising creative entrepreneurs, but we’re also providing mentorship and guidance to help them level up their businesses through a 15 week accelerator program much faster than they could on their own.
If you’re looking to gain hands on experience at the earliest stages of a company, test your start up muscles, expand your network and learn from senior people across the media and technology landscape, then this is the perfect opportunity for you! This is not a front row seat - you’re going to be in the game! You will help build the next generation of media & technology startups as they go from simple idea to fully operational companies. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and support amazing entrepreneurs, work with people across the Snap Inc. organization, as well as meet with mentors and leaders from across the VC, tech, media and entertainment communities.
We are seeking both part-time and full time candidates who will work with us for a fifteen week period between February 10 and May 22, 2020. While the schedule is flexible, you should expect to be available days, evenings for events, and otherwise as needed. We are looking for high commitment individuals who have an entrepreneurial spirit, are comfortable with ambiguity, able to figure things out across a wide variety of domains, and tackle problems big and small. We are a small team and ask you to bring your all hands on deck attitude. While we work at an established company, we operate like a scrappy start-up team.
What you'll do:
● Work with our various portfolio companies to support and guide them depending on their needs with: Finance and Accounting, Strategy, Management, Fund Raising, Content, Operations, Marketing and Market Research
● Assist with day-to-day operations for Yellow
● Organize meetings, take notes, and help track progress for the program and the companies
● Coordinate schedules for events, mentor and special guest visits, office hours and more
● Help with planning and execution for events, dinners, and managing logistics on the day of
● Other miscellaneous tasks in support of the program and teams as needed
BA/BS from a leading undergraduate institution
● Pursuing an MBA or graduate degree with a focus in entrepreneurship, business, finance, marketing or media
● 2+ years of content, finance, marketing, or startup experience at a media or technology company
● Additional experience in strategy at a large tech company, investment bank, or management consulting firm
● Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
● Highly organized and analytical
● Positive, can-do attitude with a hunger for learning and tackling new challenges