ISC Internship at SimplePractice
At SimplePractice, our team is dedicated to improving the health and wellness industry by building a suite of innovative solutions for practitioners and their clients. Our product supports practitioners on their clinical journey to becoming licensed, helps them manage their business and practice once they’re up and running, and enables new clients to discover and interact with practitioners. Taking a practitioner-first approach in everything we do makes it possible for health and wellness practitioners to devote more time to their clients while they use SimplePractice to start, grow, and maintain a successful private practice.
SimplePractice is seeking recently graduated college students, or students in their last semester for an Infrastructure, Security and Compliance Internship. Students with majors in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security or Information systems are encouraged to apply. This is a rotational internship that will allow students the opportunity to explore various areas of technology, such as system administration, IT, security, compliance and data. The intern will work within various subgroups of the larger Infrastructure, Security and Compliance group. This position will report to the ISC Project Manager. The internship program is 6-months long.
- Learn and deliver on various projects between IT support and product infrastructure (1 month). During this time, you will be working on learning the basics of IT and infrastructure administration
- Actively lead and coordinate technical projects as assigned by the ISC project manager (1 month)
- Work closely with the fraud and underwriting team to understand the nature of underwriting and financial risk management (1 month)
- Deliver on projects assigned by the data team, including but not limited to data engineering and data analytics (1 month)
- Actively participate in information security and compliance tasks and projects and provide value by learning our monitoring, auditing and compliance processes (1 month)
- Work directly with the CIO to learn about aligning technology with business objectives and delivering value to internal and external customers (1 month)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Graduated or about to graduate in computer science, information systems, information technology or closely related field
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and the ability to communicate complex technical terms and projects
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn operational processes within a technology environment
- Ability to document communicated processes
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to new challenges
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”). Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).