AV Production Assistant Intern
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Production Assistant to join Snap Inc! Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll work closely with the entire AV team and help produce instructional videos about our internal AV tools that all Snap employees will see. You’ll gain production experience, AV tech experience, and valuable experience about how to operate professionally inside a post start-up, high profile tech company.
What you’ll do:
- Brainstorm concepts with the AV team to create instructional videos about internal AV products
- Operate cameras and capture audio for playback on small shoots
- Set up lighting and shot composition
- Edit first cuts of short instructional videos, get notes, and re-edit second and final cuts
- Assist in producing small shoots, including on location scouting and wrangling talent and crew
- Coordinate and set meetings with colleagues and coworkers
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and management
- Capture, edit, compress, and archive digital videos
- Continually seek opportunities to use video to increase company awareness of AV/IT tools
- Ability to work a flexible schedule around your school schedule
- Ability to safely lift and carry equipment weighing 50 lbs or more
- A working knowledge of AV equipment - including speakers, microphones (lavs and handheld), monitors, lighting, light boards, sounds boards, etc.
- Familiarity with all aspects of video production
- Confident with Mac OS, iOS and/or Android devices
- Proficiency in production lighting, recording sound, and recording video
- Familiarity with Sony and/or Canon video cameras
- Proficiency with recording video with iPhones
- Proficiency with editing in Adobe Premiere
- Experience working with streaming and video conferencing applications is a plus
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship-building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- A strong interest in technology
- Ability to quickly learn to operate new products and features
- Excellent effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities, as needed
- Fluent with Snapchat and an avid Snapchatter
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at accommodation[email protected].