Vice President of Talent Acquisition at Relativity Space (Greater LA Area, CA)
Who we are
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it.
Our People team is growing and focuses on attracting, developing, and retaining our most prized assets – our brilliant team members, comprised of people who are deeply passionate about our mission and doing the most challenging work of their lifetime.
Come build the future of humanity in space with us.
What you’ll do:
As our Vice President of Talent Acquisition, you will lead Relativity through our next chapter of exponential growth and transformation as we build the Factory of the Future – designing, building, and flying the world’s first 3D printed rocket. You will lead the charge for setting the strategic vision and plan for finding current and future generations of rock(et)star talent to join Relativity Space. In this role, you flex across being both a leader and a doer – motivating, managing, and mentoring a team of recruiting professionals, while also leading by example through setting budgets, removing roadblocks, owning high priority requisitions, and building upon current processes to enable our business to scale. You’ll relentlessly focus on not only addressing our current talent needs, but also maintaining our longer-term efforts of building a powerhouse talent team to support exec search, technical and experienced talent acquisition, on-campus recruiting (internship and full-time hiring), employer branding, diversity hiring, and operations & analytics. Above all, you will set the tone and expectations around maintain a high talent bar for Relativity as we continue to grow.
Talent & Strategy Leadership:
- Set and own the talent acquisition strategy and plan, annual and quarterly objectives, and monitor and track KPIs
- Partner with the senior leaders to conduct workforce planning, drive organizational design and scenario planning, succession planning, and identify talent trends, using a data-driven approach
- Identify and execute initiatives to drive a culture of recruiting and maintain a high talent bar across Relativity
- Lead and mentor the talent acquisition team to uplift their recruiting capabilities and maintain a high quality candidate and hiring manager experience
- Continuously evaluate opportunities to improve quality, process, tools, and experience across all talent acquisition touchpoints
- Manage the talent acquisition team to set priorities, assign accountability, and assess performance
Exec, Experienced, Technical, D&I, and University Recruiting
- Set sourcing and recruiting strategies and team structure for focused areas of hiring, including executive search, experienced talent, technical team members, diversity hiring, and university relations
- Partner extensively with Relativity’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion leader to support the diversity and inclusion strategy, including but not limited to, external initiatives to brand Relativity as an employer that values having a diverse workforce, driving talent acquisition strategy to hire diverse candidates, build programs and initiatives internally that support a culture of inclusion
- Partner with the PeopleOps and IT teams, as well as relevant departments, to drive a seamless integration into the onboarding experience
- Work in partnership with Relativity’s Brand & Communications team to define the employer branding strategy, voice, style, and channels
- Engage your team to lead and the entire company in participation of employer branding initiatives to provide an insight view into what makes Relativity the best place to work for
What you need to know:
- 10+ years of engineering recruiting experience with ability to build and lead recruiting teams
- Experience supporting diverse technical teams spanning both hardware and software; aerospace systems are not required but a deep interest in this sector is required
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, leading and developing high-performing talent acquisition teams
- Deep insight into technology recruiting best-practices with the ability to implement programs that cater to attracting top talent while educating staff on best-practices to achieve these targets
- Strong influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to quickly establish rapport, build credibility, and create partnerships at all levels within a company
- Proven ability to stay abreast of market, tools, and competitive trends
- Ability to engage at the executive level of the organization interfacing with key leaders across and up the organizational chain to formulate staffing plans and influence talent strategies
- Startup experience or experience building a successful organization during periods of exponential growth
- Demonstrated success in implementing creative methods to source and attract passive candidates at the top of their fields
- Experience recruiting in a high-volume environment, closing complex positions, negotiating compensation packages, and building an innovative and sustainable talent acquisition strategy
- Passion for solving hard problems and challenging the impossible
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.