Talent Operations Business Partner - Global Mobility
Virgin Hyperloop One is the team building the world's first hyperloop. You're the one moving us from point A to point B (and C and D) with all the right visas, relocation services, and expat packages.
As an HR Business Partner with a Global Mobility focus, you will drive strategic initiatives within your teams while also managing immigration and international assignments for all employees. You’ll be responsible for coaching, performance management, employee relations, and compliance for your teams. In this mid-level role within Talent Operations, you’ll collaborate with other Business Partners on strategy, mentor Recruiters on immigration best practices, and develop your employees and managers so they can build a better future.
- Operate as a strategic partner, providing information, guidance, and consultation to team leads
- Manage visa and immigration process as primary contact for candidates, employees, and legal counsel:
- Consult on overall immigration strategy
- Prepare compelling, well-researched immigration support cases
- Hold employees and vendors accountable to timelines
- Manage mobility programs at VHO:
- Provide concierge care to mobilizing employees, develop expat packages, and make introductions to in-country teams
- Manage relocation, payroll, and immigration vendors
- Support smooth transitions with proactive training on culture, laws, and practices
- Identify trends and implement solutions to support retention, career development, and minimized risk
- Assess, develop, and coach managers and employees
- Partner with team leads and other stakeholders on workforce planning and organizational development
- Help create, document, and implement policies, programs, and processes
- Drive performance management, including SMART goals, reviews, promotions, performance commitment plans, and separations
- Conduct investigations, recommend and implement corrective actions, and counsel employees and managers -- guided by company policies, internal process, industry best practices, and relevant labor laws
- Maintain standards of strict confidentiality
- Complete projects as assigned
- You're honest and ethical, promoting transparency and fairness
- You're inquisitive, challenging assumptions and asking "why"
- You thrive on bringing order to ambiguity
- You're ambitious and tenacious, driven and determined to succeed despite challenges
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of US visa types and application processes
- Proven ability to build effective partnerships with managers and employees
- Track record of coaching managers and employees
- Experience investigating employee relations issues and implementing corrective actions
- Track record of managing international mobilizations
- Experience in a start-up or engineering environment
- CRP, GMS, SHRM, or SPHR certification
- Bachelor’s in a relevant field
- Subsidized benefits: medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid benefits: life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability
- Voluntary benefits: FSA, HSA, 401k
- Stock option grants
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO and flexible core hours
Virgin Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Virgin Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.