Senior Manager, Compensation at Mythical Games
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are actively seeking a Compensation Manager to join our growing People team.
This position will report to the Director, People Operations and is an incredible opportunity to help build, drive and manage people initiatives that are foundational to a stellar people experience. You will meaningfully contribute to developing and implementing global compensation structure, pay practices, cyclical programs, M&A, and best practices for our people organization, as we scale.
What you will do:
As a Compensation Manager at Mythical, you will:
- Lead the day to day compensation function with minimal supervision
- Design and manage current compensation structure through market-based analysis and research
- Drive Compensation programs such as the annual compensation review cycle, compensation range renewal processes and potential impact analysis, pay equity studies, etc.
- Partner with the People Business Partners, business leaders, and talent acquisition to resolve compensation issues, including offers, transfers, promotions, segmentation updates, etc.
- Review and enhance job family architecture and create new job families along with the appropriate market pricing and range creation
- Proactively monitor our compensation ranges, working closely with People and Talent Acquisition teams to identify trends
- Lead the compensation survey submission process and selection of relevant tools
- Work on financial modeling for comp range changes, the annual processes, potential department realignments, pay mix changes, etc.
- Provide cost modeling analysis of compensation related matters for financial impact
- Develop training and education for employees and leaders to enhance their “total rewards” knowledge
- Ensure that our current compensation programs are in compliance with federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations
- Participate in merger and acquisition activities
- Drive global compensation initiatives with a proactive and partnership approach
- Empathy, cultural sensitivity, high emotional intelligence
- Minimum of five years of experience administering/managing compensation
- Experience with managing global tech company compensation programs
- Experience in equity compensation
- In-depth experiences with a compensation planning system and market analysis tools.
- Experience participating in and using compensation surveys and related tools
- Strong analytical and communication skills to “tell a story” with data
- Proven ability to work well with cross-functional teams to improve workstreams
- Must have strong Compensation modeling and analytics skills with Excel skills including advanced features such as, pivot tables, look-ups, macros, etc.
- Extensive experience managing focal merit and bonus programs
- Experience with FLSA analysis and other compensation legislated requirements is required
- Excellent organization skills and a high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You can create and deliver on compensation/rewards education programs
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential people data
- Experience with BambooHR and Greenhouse
- Experience working in a start-up environment in a People organization
- Has scaled organizations from 200+ employees to over 500 while working in a Compensation role
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We will be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.