People Operations Manager at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it.
The People Operations Manager will be a critical member of our People team to ensure we are operationally efficient, ready for scale, and will be a large support for our team members and business to drive toward our mission of launching the first 3D-printed rocket to orbit in 2021. You are equally strategic and implementation-driven, are willing to present creative solutions to challenges you come across, have the ability to balance the need for process and not letting process slow us down, are able to tackle multiple priorities at once, and have a bias toward action. You’ll relentlessly focus on helping us be a best-in-class People team by creating a foundation of solid operations, processes, and programs that will allow us to scale for the future. You have an approachable style that builds relationships within and outside of your immediate team, and are able to earn the trust and respect from the business as you drive toward consistency and scalability for Relativity.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Partner with stakeholders across the People Team and business to identify opportunities for improvement across policies, operations, process, and technology.
- Own administration of company-wide HR policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with company goals and federal/state legal requirements.
- Own and maintain our HRIS (Zenefits) with a focus on administration and data integrity.
- Own and administer the onboarding and off-boarding process and ensuring a world class experience.
- Update and maintain our process for onboarding and tracking contractors and independent consultants.
- Oversee and enhance our current benefit programs and processes, taking into account benchmarking, employee feedback, compliance, and cost considerations.
- Manage relationships with the benefits broker team, third-party benefit plan providers, and other external vendors.
- Manage our leave of absence programs and serves as subject matter expert and primary point of contact for leave administration (e.g. FMLA, ADA, and Workers Compensation).
- Support the management, development, and ongoing maintenance and upgrades of our HR technologies.
- Maintain and establish increased awareness and understanding of employment law, industry trends, current practices, and new developments.
- Assist with other duties and projects as assigned.
You are an experienced People Operations leader with experience helping businesses scale their operations from 200-1000+ employees. You are the type of person with a strong growth mindset for yourself and are always finding ways for the team to be operationally efficient, automated, and provide a great experience to anyone searching for an answer.
In your previous roles, you have not leaned on creating layers of administration, bureaucracy, or process but rather have worked with teams on finding and creating creative and flexible but firm paths forward. You are able to balance being both a strategic thinker and hands-on doer; essentially no job is too small and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to pitch in and get the job done with a lean team. You get excited when looking at spreadsheets, process flowcharts, and diving into data. You feel accomplished when something you have implemented a new process or program that receives positive feedback from team members and leaders.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree, Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years relevant HR Operations / HR Generalist at start up or growth stage company, or consulting experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: HRIS, benefits, leave of absence administration, compliance, continuous process improvement, change management.
- Experience in consulting with business units about workforce planning, talent assessments and performance management.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing a variety of processes, technologies, and programs in support of business objectives and goals.
- Experience with HR data reporting and metrics
- Strong understanding of federal and state employment laws and regulations as it pertains to employment related matters.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentation), problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Strong collaboration skills with all levels within the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.