People Operations Associate at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it.
The PeopleOps Associate is a key member of the People Team. In this role, you will be managing all stages of the employee lifecycle, from initial onboarding through offboarding, and everything in between. Scope of work includes supporting the People departments in areas such as, but not limited to, HR administration, benefits & compensation, reporting, HRIS (Zenefits), performance management, culture, employee engagement, leadership & development, and more. including initial contact, scheduling, travel coordination, onsite visits, onboarding preparation, and onboarding. Your work will contribute to maintaining and expanding Relativity’s reputation as an excellent place to work.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Your day to day mission is to work closely with multiple levels of the business to accomplish the following:
- Support employee and managers with routine, day-to-day PeopleOps questions, needs, and inquiries, providing world-class customer service and ensuring you guide our teams to the right resources to ensure a quality and timely solution
- Participate in HR investigations and coordinating appeals, as appropriate
- Process leaves of absences, HR compliance & reporting
- Provide leadership development and training support to managers and employees
- Serves as a liaison between other departments (i.e. payroll, IT) to answer employee and management questions.
- Prepare verification of employment letters and subpoena requests.
- Lead onboarding process, including HRIS data entry, background checks, I-9 verifications, onboarding presentations, coordinating with IT for technology needs, etc.
- Lead off-boarding tasks including exit interviews and conversations, final paycheck processing, uploading termination documents, and system terminations.
- Post all mandatory HR posters (i.e. Workers compensation, federal law posters, benefits open enrollment, and others.)
- Along with guidance from People Business Partner, coach and/or counsel supervisors and employees as needed.
- Coordinate annual performance reviews, benefit open enrollment, and other small events
- Handle day-to-day responsibilities and resolve problems/questions from employees.
In order to be successful in this role, you are someone who has 2+ years of experience in recruiting coordination, HR Coordination, or a related fast-paced environment (preferably another startup or corporate environment.) You are passionate for creating an amazing employee experience end to end, and excel at establishing repeatable processes, transparent communications, and are detail-oriented at all times.
You are someone who thrives in ambiguity—as we grow as a company, you have the courage to tackle new problems with creative and efficient solution. You are also someone who is comfortable interacting professionally with all levels of candidates and internal clients. You will be working with sensitive data—you should have a high level of discretion, confidentiality, and attention to detail. Lastly, you are someone who is eternally curious, self-directed, and are a detail-oriented problem solver, willing to support special projects as needed.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- 2+ years of experience in recruiting coordination, HR Coordination, or a related fast-paced environment (preferably another startup or corporate environment.)
- Experience working with various calendar tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid computer skills, including experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Up to date knowledge of video conferencing tools such as Zoom, WebEx
- Experience using Greenhouse ATS, Zenefits preferred
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.