Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it.
Our People Business Partner is a critical partner and gateway to ensuring that our various departments and teams are working effectively to drive toward our mission of launching the first 3D-printed rocket to orbit in 2021. You are equally strategic and implementation-driven, are unafraid to help leaders and employees see the big picture or dive into the details on their people-related issues, are willing to present creative solutions to challenges you come across, tackle tough employee issues with respect, and are well-grounded with a conscientious moral compass. You’ll relentlessly focus on helping our teams drive a high performance culture through effective partnership with your client group(s) on a wide range of people initiatives and programs.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Immerse yourself in the businesses of your client groups and Relativity’s mission.
- Work with the business to develop effective organizational structures and on specific job design and leveling to drive organizational health and high-performing teams.
- Establish trust and credibility with management and employees, influence to create positive change and proactively mitigate, and resolve employee issues with respect and high regard.
- Partner effectively with other team members within the People, Finance, and Legal departments on all areas impacting your client groups.
- Proactively identify opportunities and assess improvements to the employee experience, and partner with management to develop and implement innovative and sustainable solutions.
- Be a leader throughout Relativity, advising, mentoring, and coaching managers and employees to develop leadership skills.
- Consult, advise, and drive talent reviews, annual compensation reviews, and succession planning.
- In partnership with leaders, develop workforce plans that ensure our success for the long term.
- Design and develop innovative people initiatives, programs, and policies in partnership with the VP of People.
- Lead and drive special People-related projects on an as needed basis.
You are an experienced HRBP leader with an HR generalist background, having come from other startups where you partnered with businesses to scale their teams from 150-1000+ employees. You are the type of person with a strong growth mindset for yourself and your client groups, possessing qualities that inspire confidence and trust across multiple levels and cross functionally.
In your previous roles, you should have heavily influenced and motivated leaders and employees to adopt people-related initiatives. You are a strategic thinker and doer; you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to pitch in and get the job done with a lean team. Your culture sensitivity skills enable you to get along with people at all levels of the organization. You celebrate your teams’ success and you empathize with them during hard times. At the end of the week, your client groups’ leaders can confidently say, “As impossible as this week seemed, I wouldn’t have been able to get through this without your guidance.”
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree, Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years relevant HRBP, HR Generalist, or consulting experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: coaching, compensation, employee relations, talent management, continuous process improvement, change management, training, diversity & inclusion, and organizational development.
- Experience in consulting with business units about workforce planning, talent assessments and performance management.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing a variety of human capital strategies in support of business objectives and goals.
- Strong understanding of federal and state employment laws and regulations as it pertains to employment related matters.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentation), problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Strong collaboration skills with all levels within the organization.
Experience with an organization in the Aerospace/Defense Industry is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.