BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
We’re looking for a Human Resources Generalist to serve as a resource for Boulevard employees. This role will be a support structure for first-time managers, engage with employee relations, and facilitate Boulevard’s lively start-up culture. You will have daily contact with employees and serve as an advocate for employee needs among company leadership. Our ideal candidate is adaptable, supportive, responsive, and able to influence others without direct reporting lines.
As Boulevard’s Human Resources Generalist you will play a critical role in ensuring that the company maintains strict compliance with all federal, state, and local laws/regulations. You will also own the ongoing evolution and expansion of our Employee Benefits package designed to support and nurture a diverse employee base throughout various stages of life.
What you'll do here:
- Track headcount and maintain updated EEO reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring People Operations policies and processes comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Responsible for promoting and enabling a fair and inclusive workplace that safeguards the company’s employment brand by ensuring that employee and company interests are handled in a fair, consistent, and compassionate manner.
- Oversee the distribution of sensitive tax and employment correspondence from various government agencies; responding as appropriate and ensuring prompt dissemination of critical information to other functional business units as needed.
- Leave Administration:
- Coordinate legally mandated employee leaves (FMLA, Workers' Comp, etc.), including all tracking and reporting.
- Respond to unemployment insurance claims and attend hearings as necessary.
- Maintain deep knowledge of federal and state regulations on benefits administration.
- Research and analyze current benefits programs to evaluate usage, services, coverage, plan experience, and competitive trends in benefits programs to provide recommendations for program enhancements.
- Manage the implementation of new benefits programs and/or modifications to existing programs: Serves as an escalated point of contact for benefits inquiries and troubleshoots matters to maintain a positive work environment by researching, analyzing, identifying the root cause, and resolving issues and discrepancies in a professional, timely, and compassionate manner.
- Proactively collaborate with People Operations and Engagement team members in program delivery and other projects as assigned.
Why you'll thrive:
- Experience: 5+ years of HR experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Psychology, Business Management or related field
- Values: A passion for culture, open dialogue, employee success, and operational excellence
- C-Suite Experience: Experience working with executive-level leadership
- Leader and Team Player: Strong cross-collaboration skills and experience managing multi-faceted, time-sensitive projects
- High emotional intelligence and robust communication and influencing skills to build relationships cross-functionally and across levels
- Self Starter: Self-driven prioritization abilities and comfortable with a high-volume workload; ability to confidently operate in ambiguity
- BONUS POINTS for experience working in a start-up and/or have a SHRM/HRCI HR Certification
Within 1 month you'll...
- Have a solid understanding of Boulevard’s company policies, processes, and systems
- Meet with all third-party benefit administration stakeholders to understand existing process and benefit plan designs
- Complete BambooHR and TRAXPayroll Admin Training videos
- Complete your Boulevard Platform Training
- Complete your mandatory compliance trainings
Within 3 months you'll...
- Independently field employee benefits questions and resolve issues with occasional guidance from the Director of People Operations
- Track and update new benefit enrollments and changes in BambooHR and TRAXPayroll to ensure month/quarter-end payroll and benefit reconciliations are consistently accurate
- Manage timely and accurate upload of retirement savings plan contributions
- Work with our Sr. Accountant to remedy discrepancies related to payroll and/or benefits billing and deduction withholdings
After 6 months you’ll...
- Develop a process to ensure strict multi-state compliance
- Independently manage the calculation of quarterly incentive bonus awards as well as the creation and distribution of all quarterly incentive bonus statements
- Lead Boulevard’s 2021 Open Enrollment process from initial review of existing benefits package, carrier competitive analysis, and plan-change recommendations to coordination with carriers and Maxwell Health team to ensure a successful Open Enrollment experience for all employees.
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Read Full Job Description