Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
Pluto TV is searching for a new member of their HR team who will bring their prior experience in startups to support a growing global team. The HR Generalist plays a critical role in the day-to-day people operations as well the employee lifecycle. From building and implementing a stellar onboarding program, to handling HR compliance and benefits administration, you will help ensure an engaging and rewarding employee experience. The role will report to the Director of Human Resources.
The ideal candidate is seeking an opportunity to broaden their skills in several areas of HR, including people operations, immigration, and employee engagement. If you find joy in helping others, like the challenge of wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced environment, and don't mind listening to the occasional '80s playlist, then apply today!
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Act as first point of contact for general HR-related employee questions
- Handle all on-boarding activities, including pre-hire employee communication, background checks, data entry into Pluto systems, and first day orientation
- Oversee new hire benefit enrollment and process Qualifying Events in online benefits tool
- Partner closely with attorney to handle all immigration matters in a timely manner
- Audit monthly benefit carrier invoices for accuracy and submit for timely payment
- Coordinate and hold employee exits, sharing trends and action plans with Director of HR to proactively prevent regrettable attrition
- Ensure Pluto TV remains compliant with all required notices and state / federal submissions
- Facilitate leaves of absence in compliance with state and local laws
- Help plan and execute employee events that encourage team building and FUN
- Coordinate weekly companywide meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years HR experience, ideally in a start-up environment
- Proven ability to successfully onboard new hires and support employees throughout the employee lifecycle
- Experience administering benefits and leaves of absence; immigration experience is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Successfully interacts with professionals at all levels
- Capable of maintaining confidential information and matters with discretion
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where agility is required
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.