Director of US Venture Recruiting at BCG Digital Ventures
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Operations at BCGDV
Our Operations team is the internal force that drives our business forward. It’s where organizational insight meets operational excellence. From Human Resources and Information Technology to Marketing and Finance, they are a dedicated group of one-of-a-kind problem-solvers with a deep commitment to world-class business services.
BCG Digital Ventures (“DV") seeks a Director of US Venture Recruiting to build a newly created business within the firm: a cutting-edge in-house recruiting agency. Leading this client-facing agency, the Head of US Venture Recruiting will work closely with DV’s US leadership and the global People Operations team, as well as with executives of corporate partners, supporting all of the start-up ventures DV builds. S/he will be innovative and imaginative, driving the sourcing and hiring of the highest quality talent for DV’s ventures.
In addition, the Director of US Venture Recruiting will create a process around overall venture recruiting and will be responsible for developing the in-house agency to offer recruiting services to all of DV’s ventures in the US, even once they have been commercialized. The venture recruiting agency is a revenue-generating function.
The successful candidate will be very strong in client management and will demonstrate a level of sophistication that goes beyond recruiting, including organizational design and compensation design for founding teams (with an understanding of long-term incentive compensation plans including ESOPs and LTIPs). Likewise, the successful candidate will support venture teams directly on key talent and HR topics (e.g., developing a framework to identify the ideal location and headquarters for each venture).
They will provide leadership and guidance to a growing team and will be up-to-date on the latest people and talent trends, having a progressive outlook on performance and development. S/he will preferably have some background in executive recruitment and experience in closing C-level candidates. Ideally, this will be in the context of start-ups (e.g., Chief Executive Officer, Chief Product Officer, Chief Technology Officer, VP of Customer Success, VP of Growth, and Chief Revenue Officer hires, among others). The Director of US Venture Recruiting will also have experience helping junior recruiters navigate the tech/VC/Series A companies and landscape.
- Experience as an executive recruiter within a start-up environment
- Experience building and managing a recruiting team within a quickly growing recruiting organization
- Experience recruiting for multi-disciplinary roles in New York and Los Angeles, among other regions
- Deep networks in talent-sourcing communities
- A strong background in client/account management at senior levels and within complex governance structures
- An understanding of tech/ VC/Series A companies and landscape
- Experience in compensation design (including long-term incentive structuring) for start-up talent
- Prior involvement in organizational design. Ability to juggle multiple initiatives and short- and long-term priorities in a challenging fast-paced environment that involves building companies from zero at an unprecedented pace
- Self-motivation and initiative; creative problem-solving skills and willingness to offer suggestions for improvement
- Demonstrated diligence, attention to detail, and technical intuition
- Ability to join teams and build relationships throughout a loosely structured organization; similarly, ability to build relationships to leverage resources
- Flexibility as a service-oriented, positive team-player; non-hierarchical and non-status oriented
- Gravitas and executive presence; the ability to have strategic talent conversations
- Cerebral capacity, humility, resiliency, and ability to stretch one’s own development; self-reflective with an openness to giving and receiving feedback
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor and coach junior members of the team while also driving own performance
- impeccable integrity and the ability to create a space for psychological safety
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.