Director of Talent Acquisition at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it.
The Director of Talent Acquisition will lead the charge for setting the strategic vision and plan for finding current and future generations of rock(et)star talent to join Relativity Space. In this role, you flex across being both a leader and a doer – motivating, managing, and mentoring a team of recruiting professionals, while also leading by example through setting budgets, removing roadblocks, owning high priority requisition, and building upon current processes to enable our business to scale in sending the world’s first 3D-printed rocket to orbit in 2021. You’ll relentlessly focus on not only addressing our current talent needs, but also maintaining our longer-term efforts of building a powerhouse talent team to support technical and experienced talent acquisition, on-campus recruiting (internship and full-time hiring), employer branding, diversity hiring, and operations & analytics.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Talent & Strategy Leadership
- In partnership with the VP of People, you will set and own the talent acquisition strategy and plan, annual and quarterly objectives, and monitor and track KPIs
- Partner with the VP of People and senior leaders to conduct workforce planning, drive organizational design and scenario planning, succession planning, and identify talent trends, using a data-driven approach
- Identify and execute initiatives to drive a culture of recruiting across Relativity
- Lead and mentor the talent acquisition team to uplift their recruiting capabilities and maintain a high quality candidate and hiring manager experience
- Continuously evaluate opportunities to improve quality, process, tools, and experience across all talent acquisition touchpoints
- Manage the talent acquisition team to set priorities, assign accountability, and assess performance
Experienced, Technical, D&I, and University Recruiting
- Set sourcing and recruiting strategies and team structure for focused areas of hiring, including experienced talent, technical team members, diversity hiring, and university relations
- Own the internship program from recruiting through to offboarding
- Partner extensively with Relativity’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion leader to support the diversity and inclusion strategy, including but not limited to, external initiatives to brand Relativity as an employer that values having a diverse workforce, driving talent acquisition strategy to hire diverse candidates, build programs and initiatives internally that support a culture of inclusion
- Partner with the PeopleOps and IT teams, as well as relevant departments, to drive a seamless integration into the onboarding experience
- Work in partnership with Relativity’s Brand & Communications team to define the employer branding strategy, voice, style, and channels
- Engage your team to lead and the entire company in participation of employer branding initiatives to provide an insight view into what makes Relativity the best place to work for
You are an experienced Talent Acquisition leader, having come from other startups where you scaled teams from 150-1000+ employees. You are the type of person with a strong growth mindset for yourself and your team, possessing qualities that inspire confidence and trust across multiple levels.
In your previous roles, you should have also managed a talent acquisition team, motivating and influencing them to product quality materials within tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects. You are a strategic thinker and doer; you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to pitch in and get the job done with a lean team. Your culture sensitivity skills enable you to get along with people at all levels of the organization. You celebrate your teams’ success and you empathize with them during hard times. You foster a sense of belonging and empowerment by incorporating professional learning opportunities and by hosting social team events where bonding, fun and creativity are a priority
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, psychology, organizational behavior, communications from an accredited four-year college; MBA or Masters would be preferred
- 8-10+ years of talent acquisition, HR, and/or consulting experience
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems (ATS), social media, and recruiting process workflows
- Experience managing, developing, and mentoring a team of talent acquisition professionals
- Experience developing and managing employer branding programs
- Proven track record in sourcing passive talent and executive recruiting
- Experience building a team to execute the Talent Acquisition strategy
- Experience with large, company-wide program implementation
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.