Grindr’s Director, People will play a critical role in growing and evolving the company. They will oversee the Human Resources Business Partner, Talent Acquisition and Office Operation functions. This role will partner with department leads and managers, and drive continuous improvement across people processes and systems. Reporting to the President, the Director, People will lead the design and implementation of the Grindr’s people infrastructure and strategies in alignment with business objectives, as well as federal and state laws. This position requires a strong leader who can act as a senior consultant to the business while building a strong and agile team.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Maintain, build and lead a high-performing HR client facing team with Grindr executives, managers, and employees across all departments.
- In consultation with business leaders, develop and implement organizational strategy and structures, as well as people programs, in support of Grindr’s business strategy.
- Provide sound counsel, leadership and influence to management with respect to employee relations matters, including EEO law and company policies and practices.
- Oversee the Talent Acquisition function to champion the overall candidate experience.
- Develop and run a comprehensive talent management and compensation strategy, including deploying a performance management process and system.
- Assess and define Grindr’s leadership & organizational development philosophy in partnership with department leads.
- Assumes corporate responsibility for development of company guidelines, policies and procedures currently within the US, but later outside of the US; Develops and implements HR elements for business travelers.
- Lead process improvement efforts, continuously evaluating for efficiencies, compliance gaps or policy conflicts and drive projects to mitigate those risks.
- Lead and oversee benefits programs, including health & wellness, 401(k), and other HR operations.
- Provide ongoing analysis and reporting of organizational health by analyzing trends in employee engagement/satisfaction, retention, etc.
- Oversee day-to-day office operations, including leading the internal employee communications and employe engagement events.
- Manage the HR, Talent Acquisition and Operation budgets and continuously identify opportunities for improvements.
- Responsible for mentoring, coaching, and leading a team of approximately 5-6 employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP Certification, GPHR a plus
- 6+ years of HR-related work experience, 3+ years in a people manager position
- Deep knowledge of Human Resources practices, wage and hour laws, and general employment practices for California
- Strong coaching, development and people manager skills
- Strong executive presence, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to consult with and influence senior leaders
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Previous global HR experience recommended
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
INTO – A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, and more.
Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(k) Match
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
- Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.