Director of Compensation Benefits at Aspiration
| Greater LA Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:24 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, April 28, 2021
At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $200M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
This position is open to remote candidates.
What You'll Do
- Evaluate and modify existing compensation and benefits programs, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and implement new compensation and benefits programs, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure all programs, policies, and procedures comply with current legislation.
- Communicate with third-party services to negotiate benefit plans and resolve benefit-related issues.
- Support the HR team with recruitment and talent management activities, relative to compensation and benefits.
- Develop profit-sharing, incentive, and employee wellness programs.
- Partner with People team in assessing, designing, and applying compensation activities related to performance management and promotion cycles.
- Support the People team with daily operations related to compensation and benefits activities.
- Prepare budgets, reports, and presentations.
- Design compensation packages and bonus programs that align with the company’s strategic plan
- Ensure salaries and benefits comply with the current legislation about human rights and pay equity
- Identify trends and implement new practices to engage and motivate employees
- Keep track of prevailing pay rates and make sure we offer competitive compensation plans
- Draft job descriptions, job analyses and classifications
- Structure compensation in ways that will yield the highest value for the organization
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of employee benefit programs
- Track compensation and benefits benchmarking data
- Monitor, track , and audit payroll ledger and activities
- Manage the payroll and HRIS department and team
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience as a Compensation and Benefits Manager or in a related role.
- Relevant certifications, such as a CEBS or SHRM certification, preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of benefits and compensation programs, policies, procedures, and applicable legislation.
- Proficiency in MS Office and G-Suite.
- Experience managing benefits and compensation in a Human Resources Information System (HRIS), preferably ADP.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong people and project management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of building compensation packages and bonus programs for various departments and seniority levels
- Excellent understanding of job evaluation and job analysis systems
- Experience and knowledge in payroll administration, audits, and management
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- Competitive salary and equity incentives
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Diverse & inclusive culture
Read Full Job Description