Chief Human Resources Officer
FabFitFun (FFF) is best known as a women’s lifestyle brand with its seasonal subscription boxes that deliver a curated collection of full-size products across beauty, fashion, wellness, fitness, home, technology and beyond. We are, also, more than just a subscription box: we're a full lifestyle membership, complementing our box with a vast scope of member benefits, including FFFTV, a robust community, exclusive sales, and more. We're building a collective value proposition that we think is hard to match.
Based in Los Angeles, FabFitFun has experienced exponential business and team growth, quickly becoming one of the city’s most successful companies. This phenomenal growth has been achieved due to our amazing business initiatives, dedicated leadership, inclusive corporate culture, career growth opportunities, and active innovations of our employees. Guided by our company values, we seek to maintain a work culture that encourages innovation, rewards creativity, values team-work, and supports inclusion and equity. FFF endeavors to foster confidence, effectiveness, and success for all employees who work with these values every day.
To support these goals and rapid expansion, FFF is seeking a CHRO to lead the development of our most important business asset – our people. This is a highly strategic role to build a world-class organizational culture poised to encourage all to participate productively in a high-growth environment. It will be under the direction of the CHRO to lead and ensure the creation of equity with our Compensation, Benefits, Career Pathing, and Employee Succession practices. The CHRO will lead the evolution of leadership and employee development by strengthening our performance management, manager training, culture messaging, and employee relations.
The successful candidate will have accomplished creating a successful people-centered work environment and led the creation of Performance Management systems to inform and reward effort while also redirecting performance enhancement needs. Additionally, the leader will have the experience and capacity to foster equitable employee relations and create effective policies and procedures that align appropriately with our values. In summary, the successful candidate for this position will add value to our fast growth-oriented environment in the areas of people support, culture, policy, systems and compliance. This is a career defining opportunity for someone to take an executive people focused leadership role, and continuing to build an all-star team for the headquarters in l.a. and rapidly growing fulfillment center in the city of industry.
Strategic Initiatives and Responsibilities:
- Drive alignment between company values and HR programs and practices to create a best in class employee experience
- Ensure team members are excited to go to work every day, ready to produce results and make a positive difference
- Bring to life workplace-as-an-experience, ensuring team wellness through purposeful work, personal growth, job satisfaction, pay, benefits, recognition, community, facilities, events, and team activities
- Confirm that teams are greater than the sum of their parts, connecting diverse individuals, and creating a cohesive group focused on FFF’s mission.
- Performance Management
- Ensure that appropriate performance management philosophies, programs, and practices are implemented and executed in support of a culture that values accountability and high achievement
- Employee Relations
- Utilizing all leadership training strategies, manage employee relation issues, and coach team leaders to be able to mentor and develop their staff.
- Training and Development
- Implement training programs and tools to assist managers to supervise and motivate their direct reports and help employees grow their skill sets, and continuously improve their performance
- Career Pathing and Succession Plan
- Develop a career growth model for all employees and ensuring a succession and retention plan within teams.
- Evaluate FFF’s people strategy and execution through a cultural lens
- Develop programs designed to enhance and reinforce employee morale and productivity as well as recognize employees for their contributions to the company’s success.
- Evaluate how competitors and industry are building strong cultures.
- Employ a corporate citizenship platform.
- Policies and Compliance
- Develop, implement, communicate and consistently administer employee policies and procedures to advance the company objectives.
- Work with Legal to ensure that policies and practices comply with all applicable laws, and when necessary investigate and direct FFF responses to workplace complaint
- Create policies and understand risks for employee separation, including such aspects as consulting counsel, severance payments, and protected classes
- Employee Onboarding
- Elevate employee orientation and business learning programs
- Compensation / Benefits
- Supervise the benefits offerings and compensation strategy, staying on top of recent trends and ensuring FFF balances budget requirements with the employee needs to remain competitive
- HR Information Systems (HRIS)
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of FabFitFun HRIS platform to ensure it appropriately supports the business and compliance aspects for the company.
- 15+ years of successful practice in people resources development & leadership roles within high-growth environments known for having a strong vision, leadership development programs, exceptional employment brands, and top talent
- Executive Leadership
- Ability to engage at the executive level of the organization integrating with key leaders to formulate plans and influence employee expansion methodologies
- Experience working at a company with a fast-growing employee base, successfully building and executing leadership, staff management and culture defining programs
- Proven capability to thrive in an ever-evolving environment with success in coaching, empowering, and counseling managers and employees to develop within their team and advance their career
- Demonstrated skill in resolving employee relation issues and gaining employee confidence and trust
- HR Compliance
- Experience with the broad spectrum of HR subject matter including: worker’s compensation, independent contractors, overtime, meal and rest periods, immigration, unemployment insurance, discrimination (per state and federal), pregnancy, disability (ADA), age, gender, diversity, family and medical leave (state and federal), sexual harassment training, and EEOC reporting
- Knowledge of selecting, implementing and expanding HRIS and performance management software, staying current on technology innovations in the HR category
- Industry Variety
- Knowledge of the specific HR, employee development and performance management best practices within a complicated business model including ecommerce, technology, content, creative, marketing and fulfillment center departments