MediaAlpha provides the technology infrastructure for the industry's first and only ecosystem of advertising exchanges for native search and metasearch media. MediaAlpha’s technology transparently connects buyers and sellers to create efficient, programmatic marketplaces for performance media targeting consumers at the point of purchase across leading brand, metasearch, and comparison sites. The Company’s technology platforms power over 50 million high-value transactions annually, representing more than $400 million in annual media spend across the insurance, travel, personal finance, education and home service verticals.
The MediaAlpha team is composed of talented and conscientious individuals who share a passion for doing great work and a pioneering spirit to identify new solutions that continually keep our company and our partners one step ahead. We have dual headquarters in Redmond, WA and Los Angeles, CA, with offices in Seminole, FL, Carson City, NV and London, UK.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant who will directly support two Accounting Managers and be an integral part of the Finance and HR team at MediaAlpha. An ideal candidate must have knowledge and experience in each of the general accounting functions including payroll and benefits administration. The position will be based in our Los Angeles office.
- Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Cash
- Review and enter Accounts Payable invoices.
- Prepare AP selections and issue check payments.
- Record AR payments.
- Prepare Corporate American Express reconciliation and ensure required documentation is received/maintained.
- AR collections.
- Reconcile credit card transactions between MediaAlpha platform and processor.
- Record electronic banking transactions.
- Payroll & Benefits Administration
- Process payroll-related actions and enter semi-monthly payroll.
- Provide benefits administration support to Finance & HR.
- Support Accounting Manager with state payroll tax filings.
- General Accounting & Other
- Balance sheet reconciliations as assigned.
- Maintain Fixed asset register.
- Support Accounting Manager with state business tax filings.
- Assist in documenting and updating policies and procedures.
- Adhere to procedural workflows and proper financial controls.
- Assist with implementation of process improvements.
- Provide audit documentation upon request.
- Accounting degree.
- 2+ years of general accounting work experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Self-starter that excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Highly competitive salary and bonus program participation.
- High-quality health and dental care plans with no employee contributions and zero deductibles (in-network). Flexible spending account.
- Unlimited PTO.
- 401K company contribution program (after 90 days).
- Professional training and education reimbursements.
- Generous employee perks (e.g., mobile phone program, gym membership).