We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies. Our mission is to invent, launch, scale and invest in game-changing businesses with the world’s most influential corporations.
Adventure awaits you…
Build innovative businesses from the ground up
We are shaping the next generation of startups, and we’re looking for the brightest minds in the business to help us. Our world-class, multidisciplinary team will challenge you to push the boundaries of the industry. If you have the passion, tenacity, and curiosity to build innovative businesses from the ground up, we invite you to join our mission.
Operations at BCGDV
Our Operations team is the internal force that drives our business forward. It’s where organizational insight meets operational excellence. From Human Resources and Information Technology to Marketing and Finance, they are a dedicated group of one-of-a-kind problem-solvers with a deep commitment to world-class business services.
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Finance Team.
The Venture Finance team, which operates as a subset of BCG Digital Ventures Global Finance Team is responsible for shaping the firm’s equity investment strategy, performing due diligence on internally generated opportunities, advising on investment structures and payout mechanisms, managing the investment approval process and proactively monitoring and reporting on the performance of launched ventures. The candidates responsibilities will be primarily focused on developing reporting packages, thematic research and assisting in the compilation of investment memos.
- Own and manage venture finance portfolio reports and databases
- Prepare slides for monthly management reporting packages
- Review and summarize portfolio company board packs for strategic and financial performance
- Maintain a database of launched venture KPI’s for comparative analysis
- Monitor VC/industry trends to develop independent market research
- Provide research and insights on key investment topics, notably; ESOP, governance, investment round size and valuation, startup failure reasons, and milestones by round
- Evaluate prospective investments through concept review and analysis of financial model
- Provide research and analysis on investment structures
- Prepare Cap Tables and other investment analyses
- Write and edit investment memos
- Codify the investment strategy and approval process by preparing pitch decks, checklists, one-pagers, etc.
- Manage pipeline of potential investments under IC review
- Update BCGDV internal tools with deal data (InVenture)
- Maintain public repositories of BCGDV transaction data (Crunchbase, Pitchbook etc)
- Support venture finance marketing efforts, including maintaining internal team website
- 4+ years work experience in either equity research, consulting, investment banking, private equity or venture capital
- Experience performing investment due diligence is a plus along with a background working with start-ups
- Strong written communication skills: Ability to write memos using concise, factual language, as well as developing PowerPoint decks that present information and data in a compelling way using tables/charts/graphs and leveraging graphic elements
- Excel skills: Experience building and reviewing models, and comfortable navigating financials. Comfortable using Excel hot keys, minimal reliance on mouse
- Understands capital structures and characteristics of varying classes of equity
- Ability to use tools like Pitchbook, CB Insights, and/or CapitalIQ to perform research
- General accounting knowledge
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify.
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.