DISQO is a next-generation consumer insights platform. We provide the highest quality consumer data to the world's largest market research agencies, analytics companies, and brands. We operate one of the world's largest true consumer insights panels. This data helps our clients understand user behavior, build better experiences, and make better decisions. We utilize cutting-edge technology and innovative, out-of-the-box strategies to collect and analyze insights which help shape the products and services of tomorrow.
DISQO is seeking an ambitious, motivated Senior Accountant to join our growing team and help support our business growth. As an early member of the team, you will play a critical role in building the foundation of our Accounting functions to enable accelerated growth. Responsibilities include all accounting activities.
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, and ability to work independently, and be at ease in a startup environment. This position reports to our Accounting Manager.
What you will do:
- Responsible for all transactions related to revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to recording, reconciling and analyzing G/L account transactions
- Support the accounting and finance team in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting information
- Assist with annual audit process including preparation of supporting audit schedules
- Support other team members with areas of work including accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Perform month-end procedures and various account reconciliations and analyses
- Proactively identify areas for possible improvement and recommend findings to the team.
- Assist in establishing and implementing accounting systems, policies and procedures as the company expands
- Assist in implementing, documenting, and maintaining an effective internal control environment to ensure accuracy of financials
- Provide support to the Accounting Manager, Controller, and FP&A team as needed
- Utilize accounting acumen and communication skills to facilitate information flow between other departments and the Accounting team.
- Participating in, leading, or coordinating new/ad-hoc projects and assignments as they arise.
What you bring to the table:
- Solid working knowledge of ASC 606 - (Must have)
- 3 - 5 years of relevant accounting experience preferably in a multinational, high-tech company. Big 4 experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel and NetSuite
- Strong financial analysis and problem solving skills
- Self-starter and a problem solver with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, and rapidly growly environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision and in a team environment
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Flexible work hours
·Catered lunches 3x a week
·Onsite Fitness Program
·Discounted Gym Membership
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to employees
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.