Head of Finance
Head of Finance
Miro is seeking a Head of Finance to play a pivotal role in scaling the organization and further developing the finance team. You will also be expected to provide impactful and effective counsel to the senior leadership team in making strategic business decisions and provide mentorship and leadership to the finance and accounting team.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in building a globally distributed Finance function in a product lead SAAS company at the scaling growth stage. This person will be expected to partner and collaborate with Leadership, the Board of Directors and investors, as well as the broader organization to bring a detailed eye to growth while focusing on process improvements as our global business and operations continue to grow. They will keep the entire team focused on learning to make accountable and ROI based decisions, providing sound rationale around resource allocation towards efforts that will have the highest impact. Finally, they will possess an executive presence with a proven track record in leadership.
What you’ll do
- Own the primary financial model of the company upon which key business decisions are made. Ensure model to produce accurate and predictive billings, bookings and revenue.
- Implement processes and systems to enable fast and accurate GAAP compliant accounting results that integrate with budgeting system at an operational level to empower the team with timely and actionable insights. Compare financial forecasts to actual financial performance, interpret results and variances, and give guidance on necessary course corrections
- Work closely with the Executive Team and functional managers advising on strategy, reporting, and budgeting.
- Build efficient financial reporting process which allows the Company to quickly and transparently report to all stakeholders (Management, Board of Directors, Investors)
- Identify trends, insightful and actionable learnings from data and proactively engage with team leads to stay ahead of the curve
- Support business with analytics and decision making around pricing, partnerships and key contracts
- Develop and implement values based financial policies and procedures which enable our employees to make responsible decisions with the strong sense of ownership and which also provide for learning loops so that we can continuously learn from our decisions and improve our performance
- Improve budgeting process and goal tracking with team leads
- Ensure that the company continuously remains on a sound financial footing by implementing company policies and best practices
- Build and manage a best-in-class finance team; train and retain top talent as the business grows and needs evolve
- Optimize internal operations such as banking, accounts payable and receivable, bookkeeping, taxes, expenses, and commissions
- Partner and support a global leadership team in driving results with empathy, judgment and accountability
What you’ll need
- You have a B.A. (MBA and/or CPA preferred) with 8+ years of diversified finance experience
- Knowledge of various database systems financial modeling tools used to perform heavy data analysis
- Leadership ability to enable, motivate and convince company executives through the use of the model to make major corporate decisions and investments
- Ability to translate data, trends, etc. into pictures, graphics, stories
- Evaluate and implement new technology to improve existing financial systems
- Successful experience of running a company wide ERP implementation and taking the company to an audit-ready state
- Possess world-class forecasting talent and well steeped in both the theory and practice of building revenue and expense forecasts
- Creativity to think beyond standard accounting metrics to craft ways to hold business units accountable
- Analytical mindset to help elevate our analytical standards and practice to allow us to take full advantage of the data our product and systems generate
What’s in it for you
- Excellent health benefits that include medical, dental and vision.
- Flexible time off.
- Snack and drinks provided.
- Brand new office coming soon.
- Team outings and collaboration.
Miro is a leading visual collaboration platform for cross-functional teams in organizations of all sizes. Over 2 million managers, designers, agile coaches, marketers and other professionals collaborate, visualize and collect ideas and share their work using our product. We have 8000+ paying customers from world's most successful and innovative companies, including teams inside Netflix, Twitter, Skyscanner, Qlik, Upwork, Expedia, Spotify, eBay, Cisco, Sapient, Geometry, Unbounce, Autodesk, PwC, Deloitte and others.