Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
- Slumbr – An event series for the high-minded partygoer, combining fashion, music, and art.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Grindr is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Finance team. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing key financial insights to drive the company’s strategic decisions. Strong analytical and communication skills are necessary to be successful in this role. You will report to the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Manager
The core functions of the role include providing monthly expense forecasts and guidance, weekly pacing, creating and managing the annual operating plan, including independent analysis as well as consolidation of business unit inputs, supporting Accounting in the month-end close process, as well ad-hoc analysis as a means for decision support.
Key outputs include preparation of forecasts and reporting packages, coordinating data-gathering across the organization, and assessing risk and opportunity ranges for initiatives and trends. The role will also assist in streamlining and standardizing processes across the organization.
- Build out and manage short-term and long-term operational and expense forecasts in line with Grindr’s business strategy
- Perform financial analyses to help executives and department leaders make critical decisions
- Streamline and standardize reports and processes to mitigate risks and identify opportunities within the business
- Partner with the accounting team to update forecasts and perform variance analysis reporting during month-end close
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that the key data for decision making is accurate and automated
- Support the FP&A Manager with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Support all budget and forecasting activities as needed
- Create, evolve, and standardize company reporting to align cross-business unit communication
- BA or BS in Finance or related experience
- 2+ years’ experience in full P&L or corporate level planning
- Advanced Excel and experience in modeling and analytics
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with various stakeholders across the organization
- A passion for problem-solving and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of accounting
- Experience with Oracle and/or SmartView a plus
- Experience in tech or digital media industries preferred but not required
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries and Options
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment