About The Brand
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) will contribute towards optimizing the growth and performance of Pluto TV’s finance organization by supporting executive decision-making, planning, and global consolidations of the free-streaming product of ViacomCBS.
This newly created role will be a good fit for a high energy candidate with exceptional quantitative, communication, and project management skills.
This is a meaningful role to our team with a wide range of responsibilities, including the following:
- Consolidated Reporting & Long-range Planning: Augmenting existing multi-year reporting processes to ensure accurate global financial planning and analytics. Collaborating with cross-functional teams to craft and distribute dashboards, monitor business performance, and analyze business drivers.
- Cash-flow planning: Provide accurate cash-flow planning and reporting, and manage the organization’s capital spending.
- International/ Global Financial Analysis: Responsible for the consolidation, review and analysis of global financial/KPI dashboarding. Act as the key partner for all international technology product/technology/marketing spend.
- Cross-functional Allocations: Collaborating with technology, marketing, and FP&A to execute on complex KPI driven allocations across over 28 global markets including but not limited to inter/intra company cross-charges and forecasts.
- Business Planning: Generating recurring financial and KPI forecasts for areas under purview. This will require working closely with finance leads and FP&A of Pluto TV and across ViacomCBS corporate.
- Leadership: This role will build-out then manage a team of 1-4 while requiring a high degree of individual contribution.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in the role:
- 8+ years of related work experience with at least 5 years in a Finance leadership role. A strong background in advertising revenue within streaming or ad-supported businesses a plus.
- Bachelor's degree, advanced degree or certification (e.g.: CPA, CMA,MBA) a plus.
- Advanced financial modeling and presentation skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills with prior experience working with complex datasets, allocation matrixes, and consolidations.
- Proficiency in financial systems (ERP/EMP) and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Alteryx) with a willingness (and quick ability) to learn new software. Basic querying proficiency preferred.
- Global finance experience with a strong understanding of GAAP/IFRS.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - be able to handle and synthesize large datasets to deliver critical insights in an easy-to-digest format for management and external partners.
- Business Model development and Forecasting abilities with prior experience working on capital planning and or deal reviews and submissions.
- Takes a team-centric/mentorship approach to people management.